RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running uni foam in there box? also it looks like the airbox has to be taken out to get the filter in correctly if you wanted to change it? that seems like a huge pita. is there a easier way?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The filter element is held in place by a removable mesh piece that lifts up on guide slots.
It's actually far easier to access than the OEM filters.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking at it in the bike i can see how it is easier that it would seem with it out. the intake holds the filter down. when the box is out of the bike it seems to like to bubble out. thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so got my box installed last night, just waiting on piece attached to tank to dry. on question though, do we still use the velocity stacks? the directions dont say to but also dont say not to.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured, but since the directions didnt mention putting them back on i wanted to ask. install went pretty well, getting the full tank drained and off was the biggest pita part. i ended up taking the throttle bodies back off when i saw a gap between the front gasket and the airbox. after removing the tbs and trying to press the gasket down farther i realized it was just how it sat. the gasket was all the way down

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Just make sure the isolators (throttle body mounts) snap down over the matching ridges on the inlet runners before you tighten the clamps.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were snapped in. i guess the gap is just a little variation in the box. im ready to crank see how much change there is with it on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts