RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a little feedback on. The two brothers exhaust system they are offering for the sp1. They have a high mount system that looks good. I wanted to see if it's a good system to run. Or should I think about another system. It's becoming harder to find a good high mount system for the sp1. I was looking at the blackdragon system for my bike but cost is something that will help make my mind up as well. Here is a link to the exhaust system I been looking at http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-9504&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Hon-RC51-SP1.html.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
You might get a fair amount of feedback on this. We were just recently talking about TwoBrothers. Personally I don't like them much, except that they are in a more affordable price range. But Yoshimira is about the same. And a better exhaust. I've yet to see any TwoBrothers actually on a RC51, but I've read more bad than good about them. I've seen them on 2 VFR's and thought they were crap. I'd way rather get a set of Yosh's in the same price range, or better yet, just keep following anything exhaust and wait till a nice used pair come's up for sale.
What price range you looking to stay in?
I know Mark at BlackDragon. One of our members, Revolution, bought a system from him and was happy with it. I also bought a custom system from him. If you want more info about BD's, you can PM me. I'm going to do a full review on my BD's, but not ready yet. I had an issue with one of the silencers, and waiting to get that resolved.

My suggestion is keep on looking and researching. If you look in my Gallery, those are used yosh's that I picked up for $500.

Start on post #12...
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5280&page=2

And this, start on #286. He found those on our For Sale for asking price of 1050 I believe. Sato's are coveted!!!
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4142&page=29

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I'm not a fan of Two Brothers, for quite a few reasons. My suggestion is GPR. Italian company which is popular in Europe but not so much in the US. They make nice systems and make pretty good gains too, for a good price.
If you have the money, find a set of Yoshimura or Sato mids and buy a set of Ladybirds from Simon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i got the high mount two bros on my sp1 and it sounds amazing. i know alot of people dont like it because its not a sato or gpr which are great exhausts that perform great no doubt, but i got 2 kids and a wife so i couldnt afford anything that nice. i traded my yosh 2-1 for the two bros, the neighbors hate it but who cares haha.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
i got the high mount two bros on my sp1 and it sounds amazing. i know alot of people dont like it because its not a sato or gpr which are great exhausts that perform great no doubt, but i got 2 kids and a wife so i couldnt afford anything that nice. i traded my yosh 2-1 for the two bros, the neighbors hate it but who cares haha.
That's a misstatement Hambone. That's not why we don't like them. I'm not picking on you, just saying there's a lot more merit to why we don't like them.
The prices I saw on Locomoco link were higher than Yosh's. And I'd take a yosh slip-on's over TB any day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh it's no biggie everyone has their own opinions, yosh was nice just the 2-1 wasn't for my liking. I traded mine staight up didn't cost me a dime and I'm happy :).

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Oh it's no biggie everyone has their own opinions, yosh was nice just the 2-1 wasn't for my liking. I traded mine staight up didn't cost me a dime and I'm happy :).
Yeah, I don't like 2-1 either. Does yosh do that? I haven't seen it yet. So are you saying that's what you had, a yosh 2-1, and you traded for 2 TB's?

Not here to bash TwoBrothers. Some people like them just fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah it was a full 2-1 yosh can with jardine headers. came with the bike when i bought it, was a different set up. yeah i traded it for the Two bros from a guy on the forum. i would love to have a gpr system one day for sure. if i had to pay for the two bros i wouldn't of got it thats for sure. i would of just saved up and def spent my $ on some high mount gpr's. i thought it was a pretty good deal and im happy with the set up. i just had to buy the stock headers to go along with it.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
When you said 2-1, the first name that came to mind was Jardine.
I'm glad you're happy with your TB setup, and you would need that header anyway for our traditional dual exhaust.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have a budget around 1000 or less if I can. I would go with the yosh but it's a 2-1 and I like having the duel pipes. I really want to open the sound up on my sp1. I think I will look in tithe blackdragon system. There is a old saying and it goes you get what you pay for

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have the information for the GPR system ? I never heard of the company. A link to there website would help. Like I said I have a budget in mind but I don't mind spending more money for something that I'm going to be happy with. Time and time again I see people get stuff and they say umm it's okay. I'm the kind of guy that says yeah it's worth every penny I spent. We have bikes that people dream about even to this day. So why not put the best you can. They only reason I don't like yosh is because it's more a Suzuki thing and all my friends ride gixers and it would be like going to the dark side after all the smack I talk about the inline 4. I have this friend that got so mad at me because I said Honda has won the most moto gp wins out of all manufactures. Plus my 2001 sp1 is still spanking there new bikes an they hate on me so much lol. Anyways no more ranting it's about pride and performance and stats. Oh and the look of the high mount makes rc's look so awesome

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is something interesting I went to the yosh website for shit and giggles and I put in all my info year, make, model and the only they they sell for my bike is spools and my bike don't even have a place for spools WTF lol

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Most SP1 swingarms did not have the threaded lug for spools.....for some unknown reason Honda did not put them on the swingarm.....probably the same reason why the SP1 frame does not have a boss for a side mount damper.
As far as exhausts go, i HIGHLY recommend finding a set of Sato, yoshi, Ethos design, or similair mid pipes and buying some Ladybird Cans......best quality cans you will EVER find anywhere. They are really a piece of art. Simon Percival can get them for you. They sound incredible and make gains comparable to Sato. I have one on my BMW and if i did not have my full Ethos system on my SP1 i would go this route.

ok, i'm actually excited because i'm about to piece together a sick system for you. Parts are pretty much unobtainium, top of the line quality, will put up serious gains, and will sound incredible......and its a high mount.

Buy these SP1 high mount pipes from Kurt. Moriwaki is an incredible company with a long history of motorcycle racing.
http://teampandaracing.com/exhaust.html

Now contact Simon and buy a set of these Ladybird GP cans.Let him know they are for an SP1 and will be fitted to the SP1 Moriwaki midpipes......he will get some adpaters for you if needed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RC51-SP-1-2-LADYBIRD-TITANIUM-MOTO-GP-CANISTERS-PAIR-/270702944709?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f072721c5

All seriousness, a system like this for the SP1 is as good as it gets and all for under 1000. You will not be disappointed, i promise. If you want more info on either company or seller, let me know i use parts from both companies, have done a lot of deals with Simon and have also bought stuff from Kurt. Both outstanding guys.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Under a thousand???
Locomoto, gts knows his stuff. I wish I had gone his route. For about the same money I spent.
That's a killer setup!!!! That system would make any RC51 owner (who knows) green with envy. And sound, well.....indescribable!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Most SP1 swingarms did not have the threaded lug for spools.....for some unknown reason Honda did not put them on the swingarm.....probably the same reason why the SP1 frame does not have a boss for a side mount damper.
As far as exhausts go, i HIGHLY recommend finding a set of Sato, yoshi, Ethos design, or similair mid pipes and buying some Ladybird Cans......best quality cans you will EVER find anywhere. They are really a piece of art. Simon Percival can get them for you. They sound incredible and make gains comparable to Sato. I have one on my BMW and if i did not have my full Ethos system on my SP1 i would go this route.

ok, i'm actually excited because i'm about to piece together a sick system for you. Parts are pretty much unobtainium, top of the line quality, will put up serious gains, and will sound incredible......and its a high mount.

Buy these SP1 high mount pipes from Kurt. Moriwaki is an incredible company with a long history of motorcycle racing.
http://teampandaracing.com/exhaust.html

Now contact Simon and buy a set of these Ladybird GP cans.Let him know they are for an SP1 and will be fitted to the SP1 Moriwaki midpipes......he will get some adpaters for you if needed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RC51-SP-1-2-LADYBIRD-TITANIUM-MOTO-GP-CANISTERS-PAIR-/270702944709?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f072721c5

All seriousness, a system like this for the SP1 is as good as it gets and all for under 1000. You will not be disappointed, i promise. If you want more info on either company or seller, let me know i use parts from both companies, have done a lot of deals with Simon and have also bought stuff from Kurt. Both outstanding guys.
OMG GTS your the man dude because i talked with Simon a few times about a exhaust system for my bike and he didnt have the high mount, there is a guy in town running around with a sp2 and has the ladybird system and WOW it sounds so awesome and talking with him got some good power gains. Well it looks like this is the plan of attack. Last time i talked with Simon it was right around the time of the tsunami and him being in in Japan if i recall held up a few parts and such. Anyways thank bro for your help. i want something unique

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
no problem man. Should be no problem getting parts from Simon, been getting parts from him all year. Last one was a Matris damper about a month ago. Simon is a great guy and offers parts you cannot find anywhere else in the world for great prices. Hes helped me out a lot. I actually bought my full Ethos system and Ethos backup slip ons from him.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i wanted to update on my choice of exhaust system. After dealing with so many problems with trying to find a high mount system for my SP1 i ended with the two brothers. I know a few of you guys have better choice but i will say this much so far its been good i like the way it looks and sounds. I also added a power comander to the bike which has really opened the performance up. I really wanted to make the ladybird cans work but after talking with simon he could not help me so i was in a bad place :) but the outcome of me getting the two brothers i have to say im happy so far :) i didnt get there carbon fiber system because of the reviews i got that in time the carbon fiber becomes weak i got the alloy one which really sets the bike apart

1 - 20 of 29 Posts