RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly - are the SP1 side fairings the same fitment as those on the SP2?

Secondly - where on the SP2 is the speedo sensor fitted? Mine has stopped working and Honda have quoted over £200 +VAT for a new one so I was hoping to find it and test it, if possible?

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
They are the same, however the '02 SP2 has the same graphics as the SP1s, the '03 graphics differ slightly in the wings feathers.

The speedo sensor is at the right rear of the engine.
Find the shock and look just to the right of it, you'll see the speedo sensor output next to the chassis ground wire.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers,

Im not worried about the markings as I will be repainting them to match my bike.

Sorry - on the speedo are these the same? I only ask as this chap is breaking his SP1 and I may get this as well whilst I can.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have a special one - my speedo sensor is completely different.

The one on the bike has three wires and a three pin connection on the harness and is round, like the one in the manual and has an O ring, the one that has just arrived has two wires and is a bolt in block with a pick up on it?

Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I must have a special one - my speedo sensor is completely different.

The one on the bike has three wires and a three pin connection on the harness and is round, like the one in the manual and has an O ring, the one that has just arrived has two wires and is a bolt in block with a pick up on it?

Any ideas??
What was the part number on the bag?
The two numbers used for SP1 an SP2 speed sensors are:
37700-MAL-601 or 37700-MAL-602

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sorry, the first link is shyt...

Anyway.

Page 19-12 in the SP2 manual

Remove the seat cowl then find the 3P (three wire set up) connector. Turn the ignition on. You must have voltage between the blk/brn (+) and the grn/blk (-). If no voltage, check the wires for damage.

Shift the bike into neutral, place the meter between the pink/grn (+) and the grn/blk (-) slowly rotate the wheel, there should be a pulse of 0-5V. The manual states to replace the sensor if no voltage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts