RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've never understood the benefit of this. Does it really shave enough weight to be worth it or is it mostly just racer bling?

I think they look excellent I just never knew if there was much of a performance gain...

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Billet, lightweight, strong and sexy...why not?

Stock cast pieces look cheap, sure it's a bit of bling but it's a functional bit of bling...I think I would install this piece before an undertail, the bike will still handle without an undertail but it won't without a top clamp.

Oh ya I gotta go get and install my Cycle Cat top clamp...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wasn't implying they were too much or something. Just asking in case there was a really great performance benefit in someway. I think they look killer and the main reason I was asking was so I could justify buying one myself...

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
No worries bro neither was I...performance wise umm probably not so much. But you are right they do look wicked.

Also if Makis is recommending/commenting on something I tend to listen. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I have one and I really like it. Yes, it's (black) bling, but it's cool.

Spring is finally here!!!

Just got back from a quick ride home on the SP2 after taking it out this afternoon to run some erands in town then catch up with a close friend who just got back to Japan yesterday. Man, I love my RC51. It's got so much character and sweeet handling.
Happy day. :D

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Stig please pm me the details of your brake fluid reservoir. I see a different cup with some sort of mounting bracket that attaches to the top clamp?
Just what I've been looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Will send you a PM nobody.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
The Tyga upper clamp is heavier than OEM.
The Cycle Cat upper clamp I used to have was heavier also.
But both pieces do seem more durable than OEM by far.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Hey Stig, that's a great picture of the instrument panal lit up. It's all oem. And that upper clamp is nothing but sweet titties! :D

except the cf cover - just caught that.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Thanks Jondog9 - I like the MR cf cover too. It compliments the cf snorkel and as I have all the MR cf bits, I wanted this on it.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Yep, I do - the previous owner put them on :)
They've held up great over 7 years of use. I think the glass may be wide angle, as they're fairly good for purpose. I still need to tuck my elbows in to check behind me but I can't fault the quality of these.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stig please pm me the details of your brake fluid reservoir. I see a different cup with some sort of mounting bracket that attaches to the top clamp?
Just what I've been looking for.
Saw this as well.... looks like a similar version of the Rogue lap timer holder......
Will send you a PM nobody.
Well..... Mr.Stigmiester you can send one of those to me as well regarding the same thing..... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts