RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 1 piece Speed and Strength Twist of Fate 2.0 great suit fit is awesome felt broken in out of the gate.

My problem is they are white! Never had a white suit before and I find the bug splatter and road grime bugging me like crazy.

Do I go all OCD and get cleaned professionally or should I just wipe down once in awhile and just say "It's only leathers better bugs than road rash..."

Really not a big deal just wondering what any of you guys with white gear do.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I might be able to offer a little here, I had a 2 day class sponsered by LeatherMaster. It was all about the process of making leather, the finishing types, and cleaning methods.
Your suit is a pigmented-protected finish. If you can find a Carpet Cleaner Supply, just ask for the 2 part Leather Cleaning system. Part 1 is the cleaner, which is applied to a sponge, lathered up and used directly on the leather to loosen and suspend the soil, dirt, whatever.
Do small sections at a time. After working the cleaner into the leather, and the dirt is now suspended, use a clean terry-cloth towel or wash cloth to wipe up all the moisture.
After working a few small sections, use a hair dryer to dry out all the moisture of the sections you just cleaned. It'll be obvious when it's dry. Repeat as necessary.
Then apply the Conditioner. Small sections, quickly apply it evenly, then kick up the blow drier again and dry it. You want it to dry quickly on the surface, not soak in. That allows the leather to breathe as it should.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good info Jondog, I've always used the Original formula non pumice GOJO on all my Alpinestars jackets, I love this stuff
http://www.gojo.com/canada/productsearch.aspx?ProdID={B5AAB3A4-4E1B-40AD-AE1B-8E2ED4C3AABA}

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
McGuire's leather cleaner and conditioner wipes.... So far the black is still black. Been using for 6 months now

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand that keeping white leather clean has got to be a difficult task. But like you said, I would rather have dirty leather instead of road rash.

I have black leathers that were full of bugs and dirt...I luckly got caught out in a rain storm, 200 miles in rain cleans alot of things... lol.

But I might try the other guys techniques first. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts