RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uhhh hey everyone i was just wondering if the 2001 rc51 has 58,000 miles, coming with a 800 dollar joerocket jacket, 500 dollar helmet, 250 dollar alpine star gloves, and another joe rocket summer jacket, Is the bike worth 3,800 ??? I know it had a bunch of mods to it, and a lot of parts replaced, but i don't know exactly what yet. It has 2 m4 exhaust that's all i remember

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
If it's in decent shape, sure.
If it's been thrashed to an inch of it's life, then probably no.
58K miles is nothing if the bike has been well maintained. That's only 10K more than mine currently.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
^^agree with those two

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love the rcs so i say yes regardless, but im a bad judge, most of mine ive had to work on more than i ride them, since i do buy just outta love for the bike

·
Registered
726 Posts
Really it boils down to this... How good a shape is it, what kind of mods does it have? THe only really wear parts other than the engine, are tires, breaks, chains, sprockets, wheel bearings, steering bearings which are all cheap and easy to replace. Engines are a dime a dozen on eBay and many other sites... I dont know of joe rocket ever making an 800 dollar jacket tho...

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
I dont know of joe rocket ever making an 800 dollar jacket tho...
Its the elusive rare kangaroo leather Nicky Hayden edition.:D

Buy the bike, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I picked mine up with 13,000 on it with a jacket and helmet for 4,000, but these bikes aparently hold value well, and if you read the threads like i didnt do at first lol alof of these guys have high miles on them and their bikes were amazing, i met up with a guy the other day who bad 61k on his rc51 and it was newer then mine, mines a 2001, i say buy it you wont be disapointed, these bikes are amazing. Just respect the tourque, never had a bike come up on me liek that at such low rpms, just buy giving the throttle a good twist, its a wild thing lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts