RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first SP1, i noticed a lot of space under the rear seat cowling - looks like an ECU and a Power Commander in this space as well as a tool roll. My question is - can i pack this area with an over-suit and spare gloves or should this area be well ventilated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Welcome Colin,

Good looking bike you have there! What are the roads like in the Stetlands? :D
I'd guess as there is an after market undertail, many of the original lugs to hold the relays, etc. are no longer there? If so, remove te tail cowl & do your best to tidy up the wiring as nicely as possible (& Use plenty of cable ties too). The tidier it is under there - the better, or electrical problems can result later on.

For my tool roll, I checked the tools there were all I needed and added a couple more - then I wrapped the PVC bag with a clean microcloth, then put it in a ziplock bag before firmly securing it (although the plan is to make a custom leather tool roll, complete with puncture repair kit & CO2 inflator soonish...).

Get a good well compact waterproof bag containing some storm overalls. Put that in a ziplock bag too. I carry some tightly compacted waterproofs under my seat cowl - but they're well compacted and out of the way of the cover's mechanism.

And finally - ALWAYS make sure the lid is well secured when taking the key out. Over the last 6 years or so, I've lost two covers, last one was a few weeks ago when carrying a 1 litre bottle of fork oil inside! :(

Enjoy the SP1!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Aah, I think there is enough room for your needs, from my experience packing for mountain extremes. Although I tend to use it for beer and wine transport :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've been as far as John O Groats, never made it to Shetland. Cool pics. Enjoy the new bike and watch out for sheep! lol. I'd recommend a small tank bag with magnets on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts