RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a small batch of these made to satisfy my OCD. I did not like the way most all of the brackets I've seen out there locate the Brembo CNC caliper. This bracket perfectly locates the pads on the stock disc as opposed to hanging off about 5mm. It does this while not interfering or rubbing the OEM rear wheel. I also "clocked" the caliper so it's much closer to being all the way at the bottom to make for easier bleeding and IMO a better look. Available in black. Only a few available so get one quick!

$300 shipped

Next to an "original" bracket

Mounted

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Changing this post to be relevant to the Summer/Fall 2019 production run....

Here's what's spoken for so far:

1. Damion David (FB)
2. “” maybe?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bouncing this back up since I've gotten a couple PMs with some interest in another run. Who all would be interested if I got another small batch of these into production?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I'd be interested in one! I'm in.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys I suppose a couple folks is enough to start the ball rolling on another batch. Last time I ran it, it took a couple months for them to land so sit tight and I'll let you know when we are getting close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright guys I suppose a couple folks is enough to start the ball rolling on another batch. Last time I ran it, it took a couple months for them to land so sit tight and I'll let you know when we are getting close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PayPal ready my friend please message me when they are ready! Im IN!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've started the process and have the initial request in to the machine shop. They should get back to me shortly with the quote and I can then put these into their queued hopefully get an eta.

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are great, I've got the lbp bracket on now with a brembo hp caliper and I hate the gap there....what is the caliper measurement on these? I'd love to pick one up.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are great, I've got the lbp bracket on now with a brembo hp caliper and I hate the gap there....what is the caliper measurement on these? I'd love to pick one up.
By caliper measurement, do you mean bolt spacing? If so, it's 84mm.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not much of an update yet, I'm still waiting to hear back with the quote for this batch. Getting 10 made so there will be a few more available this time around! Based on the previous order, I should hopefully see these in my hands by mid/late October.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
Got the quote back but it's way too high. Seems that the first batch was harder to machine than they thought and they appear to be trying to recoup some money by hitting me with a $1339 setup fee.... I'm trying negotiate the price with them to make it reasonable and keep my price to you guys the same.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
this isn't really surprising larry.

that's a part that needs some pretty substantial fixtures to produce. my machinist would tell me to fuck off if i asked him to do one

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Woot! They accepted my (reasonable) offer and there will be a box full headed my way by late September if their timing is to be believed. I've got a mix of black and clear ano coming to satisfy all the Hayden reps (and brits!), can't wait for them to get done!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts