RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
it depends how much line you have. I ran mine along the bottom of the swingarm and then up behind the rearset. it actually goes from the master cylinder forward, then under.

I'll try to post a pic soon. I installed a ty rap anchor on the underside of the swingarm to secure it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't the best photo in the world as it is a zoom of a larger photo. But it's a brembo 84mm 2 pot. My issue is the banjo is on the opposite side as wibbly's.

I'll have to post it from my computer as I can't figure out how to do it on the iPad.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
quizzy, you can swap the bleeder and banjo so the banjo comes off closer to the front of the bike if I recall correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Get a piece of wire and use it to measure the length of hose you need. Earl's offers a Build it yourself line of brake hoses with different banjo ends with different angles, etc.
You can build a line that's of perfect fit that works for you.

Mine runs inside the swing arm, through a hole drilled in the hugger, protected by a short piece of rubber hose and held from touching the tire with a hidden home-made bracket.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just looking. I love the nickel finish. But $600 for a rear caliper is too steep for me too. Found one very similar to yours for $80 but in the satin nickel finish. It's on the way!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
nice. yeah the side exits will make everything easier.

the one you posted is great because the bleed nipple is actually on the top of the caliper so air will naturally settle to that point, but if you reverse bleed these systems it's a piece of cake.

as bling as i was willing to go was painting in the little brembo symbol in red.

seriously consider running the line completely underneath though. there's plenty of room to sneak up between the exhaust and swingarm and connect to the master from the front. it's a VERY clean setup, especially if you aren't using a rear activated brake light switch (i never bother). that part of the bike can get pretty busy.

you can see the brake line sneaking onto the master cyl from in front in this pic.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
i used a self tapping screw and a mountable ty-rap to secure it.

the swingarm is full of holes already, i don't care about another one on the underside.

if you are the type who will lose his mind drilling a hole in anything, you can use a "sticky back", it's just an adhesive backed ty rap anchor.

you can also get nice sticky backed clips that can be opened and resecured.

they look like this

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
does anyone know whats the name for these sticky backed clip things? ive been looking for these for forever

1 - 20 of 22 Posts