RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Scott's no longer have any - I ordered & recently received an underslung carrier for SP2 fitment from Style & Performance in Italy. What I've received looks great (Along with CNC front radial fork bottoms).

So now I can use any 84mm (typical of Italian bikes) rear caliper. Have been looking at Brembo P2 CNC calipers (Expensive at $500) and Beringer (Available in Silver)
Not found any caliper that would bolt on from AP Racing or ISR.

Just wondering if anybody knows of any other alternative brands or of anywhere I can find a good used CNC Brembo racing caliper.

If nothing comes up, I'll probably go for a Beringer Silver coloured rear, to compliment the Discacciati calipers at the front...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gts455.

I think I've just answered my own question with this 84mm fitment rear caliper from Discacciati. I can then have a matching set of brakes :D

Just need to ask what the recommended master cylinder size will be, this being a 4 piston caliper as opposed to the single piston standard item..

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This from Durbahn looks nice too - hadn't seen it before...

"Invisible" superlight Rearbrake Assy RC51
But the Discacciati caliper probably offers better feel and performance - not that I intend to use the rear brake much, but in the rain and slow speeds more ability should be useful.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Cool, i bet that Discacciati will be nice.

yea i may do that Durbahn setup....sounds interesting and pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Durbahn does look nice & ISR brakes at the front (possibly with Style & Performance CNC caliper carriers :D!) would be fantastic too.

Your RC51 must be coming along nicely! :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, have to admit - Durbahn's is very tempting!

I might have a nice new & unused SP2 CNC caliper carrier up for sale soon in Silver... :D

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
yeah, haven't had much time to put into it the past two weeks. The BMW has kept me busy getting new clip ons and levers.....BMW bike design is way different then anything i've encountered....i think if i adjusted the bar length,angle, control positions or levers 1mm in any direction they wuld rub or hit a fairing/frame/instrument cluster. But now that thats done back to the RC this week. will post updates.

I'd like to do ISR front calipers.....and the Durbahn rear but man his stuff is so expensive....will keep it in mind when the time comes.

By the way i got those bushings sent out last week, i forgot to let you know.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
hahahaha it is sweet looking......im considering it too.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, haven't had much time to put into it the past two weeks. The BMW has kept me busy getting new clip ons and levers.....BMW bike design is way different then anything i've encountered....i think if i adjusted the bar length,angle, control positions or levers 1mm in any direction they wuld rub or hit a fairing/frame/instrument cluster. But now that thats done back to the RC this week. will post updates.

I'd like to do ISR front calipers.....and the Durbahn rear but man his stuff is so expensive....will keep it in mind when the time comes.

By the way i got those bushings sent out last week, i forgot to let you know.
Yep, that's what put me off ISR (& BRembo CNC) to begin with. I figured I'd be paying a lot more for no improvement in performance.

Thanks for sending out the bushings. I'll send something for the postage cost & let me know when I can help you out with other stuff from Japan... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahaha it is sweet looking......im considering it too.
Maybe a case of less is more? I'm in 2 minds... The swing arm could look a bit bland with no caliper visible, but on the other hand it would keep people guessing. Might be difficult to clean with it all hidden away.

I'm in 2 minds, but I think I'll go for the Discacciati 4 piston rear caliper in the end - probably :)

See what they say about recommended master cyl. size. The Durbahn one would work with the standard item I think, since the weeny caliper needs less fluid pumped to make it engage...

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Don't worry about shipping, wasn't much at all. And i'll keep you updated on getting some stuff sent my way. Thanks bro.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Have had confirmation the standard Honda Master cylinder will work fine - so a Discacciati 4 piston rear caliper is now on order. Should arrive soonish... then I'll need to figure out a tidy way to route a new brake line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts