RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
My under-tail arrived but it does not have a License plate holder. Do you guys know of one that I can order. I do not want / like the ones that attach to the swing arm, nor do I want the ones that fold up so that One Time / Po-Po / 5-0 will hassle me over. DWB's and DWM's are really popular here.

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One Time / Po-Po / 5-0 = Police

5-O (Five-Oh)
US, slang, for police officers and/or a warning that police are approaching. One origin for the term is from the television show Hawaii Five-O. Another origin is from the common use of "Five-Oh" (5.0 liter motor) Ford Mustangs by highway patrol agencies from 1982-1993. "Slow down, there's the 5.0." See Special Service Package Mustang.

One Time
A term, mostly used on the U.S. West Coast, that has been given numerous explanations, including: the idea that if one is arrested, it only takes "one time" to be put away (convicted); and that looking at police officers "one time" is enough to garner their attention and invite harassment.

Po-po or Po
A term used commonly by North American youth and rap artists.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
What kind of undertail did you get?
If it's a Hotbodies, they include this two little angle brackets that attach to the license plate, and the you drill mount holes into the undertail to attach.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sub,
It was not a Hot Bodies, but it is that same style. I was searching around and found Piteck, after contacting them I learned that he had an under-tail and a tire hugger for an SP1. Both were were in black but were scratched and he "made me an offer I couldn't refuse". Since I was going to have to repaint them to match the flat black on my bike, I took the deal. 3 days later they were at my door, and now they are at the paint shop. I will take pictures when the work is complete....so do you have any suggestion on a Bracket ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I made my own, it wasn't pretty, but not much of it could be seen. I used an old car tag for the material, folded (twice the thickness) and the tag is right behind the 2 round lights (if we are talking about the same undertail) and holding the tag just slightly below the undertail panel so it does not rub/touch it. It is sort of a right angle bracket matching the contour of the panel and slightly wider than the two holes on the tag (1/2" more on each side). I made the 2 holes on the undertail at almost the same position with the tag holes to minimize the distance between them. Used 1" rubber washers in and out of the panel and similar size washers.
Inside the fold of the bracket I put a thin sheet of foam (used in wrapping electronics etc) with epoxy glue and so it made a sandwich of sheet metal and foam to keep it sturdy so it maintains its shape and angle.
Tags are made out of good quality steel that will not rust. Trim and sand the piece, paint it, one would have to crawl underneath the tail and behind the tag to see it.

An other way to do it is find a 1" right angle aluminum corner piece cut two pieces about 3/4" wide and drill 2 holes on each according to fitment. This all depends on how sturdy that panel is too. The ones made off fiberglass that are rough chopped glass on the inside you can lay 2-3 layers of cloth on the inside and stiffen up the area where the holes go, at least 3-4" around the holes.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I'm with ZeroGara on fabing stuff that isn't all that crucial.
I made mine out of a left-over VFR fender eliminator. But I considered using a piece of stainless steel kickpanel from Home Depot for the bottom of an exterior door. It's a fairly good piece of stock, for cheap.

Pix 3 and 4 show where the bolts go thru the undertail. The PrevOwner did the whole undertail install, but never drilled the holes for the lic plate bracket. But those nuts (pic 4) where already there, apparently PO did a good job on this undertail install. So I lucked out, pretty easy to do.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts