RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a ton of questions about undertails on this site it looks like. Maybe we could have a updated thread with all the options out there for rc undertails? Maybe have pro's and con's of each? thoughts??

oh yeah... im looking to get a undertail:D

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Besides the fit and finish issues, the main beef is how bad the integrated LEDs suck on almost all undertails.

I know if someone developed a really nice looking quality product with BRIGHT LEDs, I'd for sure buy it.
I bought my Hotbodies simply for expediency, and it was far better fit/finish than the Bestem I first tried.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i hear so much bad stuff about undertails i might just stick with stock
I got the hotbodies knockoff from ebay for half the price already painted and the fit & finish are spot on. Just had to drill 2 extra holes for mounting points but thats it. The leds are alright not as bright as I'd like in the daytime but plenty bright at night.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I like it. I wanted the hotbodies one that used the stock lights like the one at the top of the page. But then I saw it up close and wasn't to impressed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've decided...

Well, I think you've all pretty much settled it for me. The whole undertray thing sounds like it's way more hassle than what it's worth. One of my things was to keep things like indicators and brake lights functioning at least as well as factory, if not better. I've wondered if there was a way of fitting a trackday-style thing and having a removable licence plate holder/indicator thing, a la R6, but after reading everyone elses' problems, I'm going to cut the standard unit down. I think I'll go out and buy a standard second unit, draw it up, carve it up, finish it off nicely and be done with it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
good idea.

i just installed new brake light assemblies in my dassault kit. when the repair job was done all was working well. went out last night for first ride with new lights. one wasn't working. stopped and checked it again and it was working. then the brake light woouldn't work for the foot pedal and would for the hand lever. my gawd that shit is junk. and it's supposed to be the best.

junk junk junk

·
Registered
389 Posts
good idea, i mean on keeping the stock undertail and just tidying it up as small as possible.

evol - some good news. since my last post i went to the garage and checked the rear brake light switch. i pulled down on the small spring hooked to the pedal lever. the brake light came on. so, i just pulled the switch up out of it's "hole" mounting place. turned the plastic nut a few times and tried the lever again. the brake light came on and went off as it is supposed to. take two minutes and check yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts