RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a http://hotbodiesracing.com/en/prod_44_undertails_honda_2000-07_rc51 . I seem to be having an interference between the front end of the undertail and the existing underbody, just under the battery. I think something needs to be cut out, but wondering what to cut. There also seems to have only 2 black plastic expansion fasteners holding the undertail in place. According to the instructions provided there are supposed to be 2 more holes in the undertail to fasten to underbody with bolts, but holes do NOT exist. Any help would be much appreciated. I have everything ripped apart and can't ride until this is solved.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Your going to have 2 holes to drill down by the battery and then you should have 2 holes already in the middle of the undertail. You'll have the 2 black pieces down by the battery on each side. Line up your undertail and you'll drill through your undertail and through those black pieces. Slip your plastic clips or screw thingys in the holes and screw em down wa la your done.

You do have to cut out your old undertail to get it to work. You'll want to cut off everything from the edge of the battery tray back towards the back of the bike.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
If you cut off the stock fender past the battery box, you won't have support for the undertail, and it will flop around.
Better to make a U-shaped cut and use the sides of the fender to support the undertail.
Also, the Hotbodies undertail isn't exactly a perfect fit.
I also had a problem with the undertail fitting around the ECU well.
I had to grind a bit with a dremel tool to get the undertail to fit.
I drilled two holes near the front fender to secure the undertail up front, and fabbed mount tabs to secure the rear.
Here's a link showing how my undertail install.
If I had to do it again, I'd cut a bit closer to the battery box, but it works fine as it is.
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589&highlight=undertail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts