RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to Sato Racing this AM, trying to sell them on producing another run of Banzai High Mount's for the RC-51. I explained to them there is increased demand for the high mounts, given my recent polls here and other websites. For example, there was a used set for sale here the other day, which were snagged up fast. There's plenty of demand out there.....

Per Sato, if we call or email Kyle Racing @ (866) 667-4925 Toll Free, [email protected] , they may produce another 50 sets of Banzai's.

If you are interested, please reach out to Kyle Racing. If we show enough demand, Sato may start a small production run.

If we get 10 people to sign up, Dan would place the order!!!! Who's in?

I really want these quality high mounts for my 2005 RC. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I must have missed the poll. I'm after a set of low mounts for the SP2 which per DK are completely gone. There's maybe one or two places yet that may have them, but I read a post on 'Zilla the other day that most retailers all drop shipped Satos from DK anyway. :( Banzais are little too rich for my blood with the cops around my area, but good luck with your production run if you get it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There may be a slight increase in price due to the cost of Titanium, the small batch run, and the Yen vs. the Dollar. We'll know more soon, but please reach out to Dan @ Kyle Racing and express interest!!! If we get a firm 10 people, it's a go.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
full ststems or slip ons? Im not that familer with the satos but im interested. They do look good. Bonzai's are not high mounts? Is bonzai just the muffler? Im very interested in a set of high mounts for my sp1 but they are saying they wont make them for it? Little help? anybody?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm in for details as well, there are a few and I do mean a "few" of the low-mount Sato's going for $1095.00. So I'm interested in how much and how quickly the high mount version will be and when they are available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Who's selling the low mounts yet? I've personally contacted OPP Racing, Orient Express, STG, and Scott's MS and they are all out of stock. Dan Kyle's people have already posted over on 'Zilla that they were out of stock as well. If you know someone who's got these in stock (round or oval, at this point I don't care) let me know.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, I decided not to wait on the Banzai, and picked up what appears to be one of the last remaining SATO oval ti slips. Here's what brown brought me today........I'll post install pics this weekend.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
i love getting new bits in the mail! Just got my akrapovic Titanium in the mail yesterday and is currently getting welded. will post pics when mounted

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Chief - what are you having welded? Just curious why you have to weld something with your Ti Akro system. ???????

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Im welding the Akra muffler to my 2n1 Jardine titanium full system. Akrapovic of course has to have a different size inlet then everybody else. Lost 1 pound compared to my aluminium jardine with race core! I wish i had the oe system to compare the total weight savings

·
Registered
359 Posts
I zoned out on the rotor pics - I just added them on the original thread. Not much to look at really, there not one of the more attractive rotors out there but they work. Its a good thing to stop every once in a while........
As far as the new Sato's, yeah, I grabbed them from Knee Draggers on the net. Whats the latest on the new batch of BANZAI systems - any update for you guys?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i spoke with Kyleracing yesterday (mike wheeler), they have one set of sato low mounts left...when they are gone they are gone forever.were their exact words....but they were for the SP1

·
Banned
402 Posts
Im welding the Akra muffler to my 2n1 Jardine titanium full system. Akrapovic of course has to have a different size inlet then everybody else. Lost 1 pound compared to my aluminium jardine with race core! I wish i had the oe system to compare the total weight savings
i sell a cheao billet bushing to fit inside your akra can that fits on your jardine pipe for $20

1 - 20 of 23 Posts