RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a good close up picture of the base of the upper cowl stay? Mine was never installed when it had the upright supermoto-bars, and I think I am missing some parts.

By the looks of the online parts assembly, there is a collar at the bottom, facing up with a grommet type disc on top of that. Then the stay goes over that set of parts. Then it looks like on top of the stay, there is another collar facing up with a different rubber donut on it, under the fuel tank flange. I looked in the shop manual, and unless I missed something, I didn't see a detailed view of how to properly assemble.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
both the tank and the stay have rubber inserts in them, and collars that go inside the inserts from the bottom up. the stay goes below the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
My upper stay got seriously bent in my crash last fall so I bought a new one (OEM) and put it on in August. I knew it was out of shape but until I got the new one I didn't realize the extent of the bend/damage. When Neil and I did the front suspension work we noticed the stay was fooked. He thought it might be able to be straightened but I said to hell with it and got new. Managed to salvage all the rubber mounts and inserts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts