RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
lol, I can buy a new one for $80.
Exactly...is there anything worth buying on Fleabay anymore that isn't jacked up so high? It's like they can't get retail prices for the stuff so they try to make it back on shipping.

I saw something I liked it was under $10 but they wanted $32 bucks to ship it. I can find the same thing here and pay taxes and still save a few bucks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree on the flea bay shipping costs. I sell a ton of pneumatic tools on there and always charge the actually shipping fees. They put the price as nothing so when you search It comes up first. Awful silly to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea. And hell mail them in a $6 priority box or a $3 bubble wrapped envelop. That's probably his whole profit margin there. I think they should better regulate that.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
That is tactic used by ebay sellers for years. The fees that ebay charges are based on selling prices, not including shipping. They also do it to make their auctions seem cheaper, and appear at the top of the page when sorted by price. Also, it is easily justified by saying that the shipping costs aren't just what you pay to ship it. I just paid about $50 for bubble wrap and packing tape the other day. Remember also that some of those are charges for shipping from the US to Canada, which are usually more.

The problem with a fairing stay is that it is also a weird shape and not easily shipped if done right. Costs go up at USPS if the box is over a cubic foot. Shipping fairings is also a bitch.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Well, Ya upper northern boys -could get a state side member to get the item for you at a GOOD price... Then snail mail it to CA. for you.. I will agree-Nobody.. I sent a Flat rat box to Hawaii, for $13.00 that wieghed 10lbs. I sent a member a box.. That I opened twice.. just to make sure I packed the part.. And it was the same price..

ON the fairing stay... I have a contact, in Hickory NC.. that may have a couple of good Upper fairing stays.. Let ya knw..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts