RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here in upstate NY? I live in Rochester NY and I keep hearing from the local biker community how rare the rc's are. Just wanted to see if there are any locally? Rochester? Buffalo? Syracuse? Surrounding?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont know much about the local community, but i am trying to make some RE investments in the Rochester area.. How would you describe it if you would?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like anything in real estate it's relative and slightly competitive. Long story slightly shorter is Rochester is not a terrible place to live. The local government isn't too shabby. We have a good foundation that keeps thins nice but taxes are higher than what you would expect in a similar city elsewhere. Taxes spike so money can be funneled to NYC just like any other metropolis in NY.

Specific to real estate, there are multiple city dwelling areas that offer different venues and a few dozen suburbs that are really dissimilar. Each suburb offers something unique with varying degree of property values. There are a half a dozen suburbs that line lake Ontario and have inflated values based on lake front properties.

The suburbs are divided by the genesee river and the money is too. Most of the eastern suburbs equate to higher value and hence more money.

If you haven't already check out www.homesteadnet.com. It's a local site that is integrated real estate in the area. If you also want deeper insight chech out zillow.com for appraisal values among other public knowledge items.

If you like it, make sure you bring your bike and let's ride!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Like anything in real estate it's relative and slightly competitive. Long story slightly shorter is Rochester is not a terrible place to live. The local government isn't too shabby. We have a good foundation that keeps thins nice but taxes are higher than what you would expect in a similar city elsewhere. Taxes spike so money can be funneled to NYC just like any other metropolis in NY.

Specific to real estate, there are multiple city dwelling areas that offer different venues and a few dozen suburbs that are really dissimilar. Each suburb offers something unique with varying degree of property values. There are a half a dozen suburbs that line lake Ontario and have inflated values based on lake front properties.

The suburbs are divided by the genesee river and the money is too. Most of the eastern suburbs equate to higher value and hence more money.

If you haven't already check out www.homesteadnet.com. It's a local site that is integrated real estate in the area. If you also want deeper insight chech out zillow.com for appraisal values among other public knowledge items.

If you like it, make sure you bring your bike and let's ride!
This is some great info! Way more then I empected! Thank you very much.. I might have to make a trip out of it, and when I do I will definately let you know and you can show me the area a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i live in Upstate ny Near albany there is about 4 rc51's around here that i know of
I live in Albany county as well. Moved up here two years ago. Have yet to see any other RC51's out here. We should meet up and go for a ride. Going for a bear mountain run with a few friends this sunday, your welcome to join us.

CBR600RR/CBR954RR/RVT1000R (my bike)
2 Ducati 848's & a Yamaha R1 are all confirmed for this sunday so far.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I live in Albany county as well. Moved up here two years ago. Have yet to see any other RC51's out here. We should meet up and go for a ride. Going for a bear mountain run with a few friends this sunday, your welcome to join us.

CBR600RR/CBR954RR/RVT1000R (my bike)
2 Ducati 848's & a Yamaha R1 are all confirmed for this sunday so far.
we are just northwest of albany and right now there is 3 of us that have rc51's and there is 1 in albany that i know of

·
Registered
91 Posts
How far are you guys from the city ?? I'm always up for a ride !!! Don't have anybody to ride with since my buddy went down in July on his RC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh that sucks, i went down at the track a month ago as well, so my bike is being rebuilt as we speak.. I'm out and around the city almost every day, rain or shine, and we do some Sunday rides in the bear mtn area almost every week with a few buddies. (this Sunday will probably be our last this season, but come better weather we will renew our practices..)
we also hit the track pretty regularly and have plenty of space in the trailer for another bike.

pm me and i'l get back to you with some info.

·
Registered
194 Posts
oh that sucks, i went down at the track a month ago as well, so my bike is being rebuilt as we speak.. I'm out and around the city almost every day, rain or shine, and we do some Sunday rides in the bear mtn area almost every week with a few buddies. (this Sunday will probably be our last this season, but come better weather we will renew our practices..)
we also hit the track pretty regularly and have plenty of space in the trailer for another bike.

pm me and i'l get back to you with some info.
hey your suppose to rebuild your bike yourself its fun gives ya a chance to check everything over while your at it.
Riding season is done for me up here we got Snow a few days ago and they salted and sanded the crap outta the roads so Im not bringing my bike out in that crap So the RC will sit on its race stands till after the holidays then im gonna start going thru it cleaning it and doing some modifying getting it all ready for next season

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh i am the one rebuilding it. i just used that as an expression.. lol.. got over a G in parts coming in. gonna make it a mint show stopper. :)
got a track bike a few weeks ago, so going to pamper the RC with spirited street miles from now on and thrash the aprilia at the track.
im the only one of my buddies with a twin super-bike, and they all mess with me about it. saying its slow and heavy, but its all in good fun. i have no problems keeping up with them on any road, and the stability of the bike is second to none! that's why i picked up the aprilia, only other twin sports-bike i could afford and maintain myself, the fact that its tricked out to the max didn't hurt at all.

that's funny you mention snow, last year i rode the RC into a snowstorm, had about a foot of snow, not even cars came out.. people were taking pictures of me in my leathers.. it was kinda scary. sliding all over the place. its doable!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey--I live just west of Rochester--out near Brockport. I just picked up my RC51 last week--so I've only ridden it a couple of times since the weather's starting to get crappy. I don't know how my 51's are around here (never seen one myself) but it's kinda like that with my 'busa too. I hope to connect with some riders in this area soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love my first rc in Rochester

Hey just had my first two weeks of riding my new to me rc51 here in Rochester ny! What a fantastic and unique machine, I would love to hear from some owners here In wny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hottrodd and roc51

Check out rocmoto.org for a local riders site. Definitely should catch up and own the road with our vtwins!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts