RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I have a line on a used PCIII USB for my SP1 - in the way of mapping, what do I need to do ? Also, what do I need to make sure of ?? Wire harness etc etc ??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
As far as the harness goes, the PCIII for the SP1 and SP2 are both exactly the same. They just have different factory maps loaded onto them.
The install is easy and just a matter of following directions and making sure your connections are tight and in the right place.

Two things you can do for maps....the best is find a local dyno tuner and bring it to him. he will get you the best possible results and keep the powerband smooth all the way through. I highly recommend going this route....it is worth the money.

The second thing you can do is go on the powercommander site, put in your bike information and it will show you a bunch of maps already setup for different mods (different exhausts, airbox, etc). Just find the closest matching map and load it up into the PCIII. These maps are hit and miss though and will not be perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts