RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few other forums I'm on are abuzz about Photobucket holding your photos ramson for $400/year to allow them to be linked to 3rd part websites like this. Thought I'd give Flickr a try and see how it works. If the issue with photobucket holds true alot of great information is going to be lost from the various forums including this one. Looks like it works. a little more cumbersome than PB but Flickr seems to be alot faster and no BS ads.

[/url]newwheels by Nick Seslar, on Flickr[/IMG]

Reactions: CapeCodderRC

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been going to the TT for the past 8 years now, wouldn't miss it for the world. Highly recommend to anyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Yep, photobucket sent me an email about the 3rd party linking of photos, and then pimping me to subscribe.
I have no need to store photos on "the cloud" for my own benefit. I only use them to benefit others.
Therefore, I'll be deleting my content on photobucket since they'll be blocking access from other sites anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
so will we be able to post pics here still using PB or will we need to get a flicker or some other account to post pictures here on the forum

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking PB wont work unless you pay their jacked up ransom fee to allow your pictures to be posted on 3rd party sites. Me personally am switching to Flickr. I only use it to post pictures. Don't keep most of my pictures on the cloud.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
so will we be able to post pics here still using PB or will we need to get a flicker or some other account to post pictures here on the forum
Photobucket is blocking 3rd party linking unless you subscribe and pay them their subscription fee, which is around $100/year.
I deleted all my content on PB after using them since 2008.
I'll probably move to Flickr after comparing other image hosting sites.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Then if I am correct the pictures that are already here on the forum that all have posted will be gone in just a matter of time

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
flickr is the way to go. I've been using it since 2007.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then if I am correct the pictures that are already here on the forum that all have posted will be gone in just a matter of time
Unfortunately I believe that will be the case. Really sucks!! I hope the suits at PB eat S*&t and die!

Reactions: CapeCodderRC
1 - 13 of 13 Posts