RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
A customer of our's (We supplied him a Skyline GT-R & many Nismo parts for his Nissan Leaf, etc) is currently having a 550 bhp 4WD Skoda CitiGo built in London, UK, complete with a motorsport sequential (Rally spec) transmission & transfer box. The rear axle they're using had suspension mountings too wide for the standard turrets, so they rebuilt - without cutting into the rear quarter panels. It'll look a lot like standard from outside but will be lightweight and have a full cage concealed inside. Weight - something like 1000kg or less. It'll frighten London's supercars & others at trackdays when it's all completed.

Here's a thread on the build.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243854-citigo-go-a-citigo-with-more-go/page-45

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I like the old Gremlins with the 401 they used to put in the AMX.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I'm a Volvo guy. Nothing like a turbocharged wagon walking all over M3's and M5's with the rear seats full of child seats and the trunk full of groceries. Ultimate sleeper.

V70R is my next car.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I'm a sucker for old Volvo 122's as well

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
BTW Miguel, i sold my STI last week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love when people do things totally out of the box, something quite original.

Miguel I never knew nismo supplied parts for the leaf!!??

Please tell me more, i driven mine everyday and have done for 3 years now, its the best car for central London. Youve opened a can of worms now!!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Mel, unfortunately there will only ever be one Leaf in Europe with the Nismo full bodykit, etc. It's CT17 on the GTR forum... The same guy building the Skoda Citigo as posted above...

When Nismo released the Leaf body kit end of last year we ordered it for our customer with wheels, suspension, etc. but then after we paid Omori they didn't want to supply as a kit; only fitted! :eek: We reasoned that as they'd published a part number available to the public they had to supply and eventually they had no choice but to come up with these custom molded goods but since then the part numbers have disappeared and now they'll only supply to fit directly to cars in Japan.

It's expensive stuff too. Don't think they'll sell many, but this is what it looks like. As you'll see - the part numbers are indeed no longer shown. Crafty buggers. :D

http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/nismo_parts/img/LEAF_NISMO.pdf

We can still source & supply the wheels, suspension and other bits. There's probably other manufacturers who will offer their own Aero parts to make the Leaf a bit better looking I daresay. Maybe the can isn't so open... Anyways, maybe it's better to keep the Leaf stealthy. ;)
I foresee that when electric superbikes are released you'll probably be wanting one Mel. LOL :D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
After posting the Z Cars links above I was browsing on their site & had a nutty idea last night... e-mailed a friend who does some top quality work on European cars in UK and asked if he'd be interested in building me a Z Cars Hayabusa if I supplied the parts & a rust free imported mini from Japan...

Sadly, despite carrot dangling in the form of him being able to drive at trackdays he said no. Too much work and no space for a project like this. Ah well, it was just a crazy idea anyways...

I'd love a mini dressed conservatively but packing a Hayabusa or K20 mid engine'd conversion on a race car chassis. Would be hillarious on a racetrack. It's good to dream. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Miguel, the can is empty! Oh dear. I never saw a leaf project on the other forum, but i wasnt really on it for a while.
Since your post I too had a quick look, there is apparently the Nismo ecu still available though. Could you possibly check if that is available?

Havent checked the link yet as on mobile.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
No, CT17 hasn't posted about his Leaf project. Anyways, the Nismo ECU is available - but only for cars in Japan as it requires the resetting to take place at Nismo Omori sadly. So that's out. :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
It so annoys me when they do things like that, it is big tech and mist probably the future but ....... People like me want what is available and dont like no as an answer when ready to pay..... Oh well cest la vie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts