RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone played around with the stock Velocity Stacks ---- like using 2 long ones for low end HP --- or using 2 short ones for top end HP? --- thanx for the info!

·
Registered
422 Posts
wre to get the velocity stacks,,,been searching for it until i ordered the Turn1 airbox & intake......

·
Registered
863 Posts
There is a guy that makes them in carbon fiber. I've seen some threads where people have done testing with different length stacks and haven't really made any gains. Probably why on the other forums you won't see very many threads about stacks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the gains are very minor --- they only move HP around --- most custom ones are on the short side --- i want to move the HP on the bottom cuzz my pipes are short for top end speed --- i'v seen the carbon fiber ones --- and my motor builder told me not to use them -- cuzz if they fail they will distroy the motor ---Durbahn used to make them -- but don't anymore --- but i think if enough people bug him -- he just might make them again!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Many I-4's have two short and two long stacks to even out the power.
I know my 'Busa is that way, as is most GSXR line of bikes.
Without measuring, I believe the RC51 has one short and one long as well for that reason.
At one time, there was a place that made aluminum ones with slightly different intake bell curve. But I can't remember what the site was.
My buddy who has an Aprilia replaced his with aluminum ones, maybe it's the same place.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I saw in Japan auction...selling the HRC trottle boddies & carbon velocity stack for SP1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea SubSailor! --- my zx10 has 2 short and 2 long -- the reason -- like U said is to smooth out the HP--- i got rid of the ftock plastic ones and went with the Factroy Pro ones for top end HP --

and i'v been to that site that makes the Aprilia one's and they are beautiful --- i wish they would work on the SP2

·
Registered
27 Posts
iam running two long stacks at the moment, seems to give a little more grunt down low! short stacks on the RC dont make any diffarance IMO. check out rogue they have a bit on the subject

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx trialsmutha -- thats all i needed to kno --- the only problem is -- i have to order the stock long stack-

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Many I-4's have two short and two long stacks to even out the power.
I know my 'Busa is that way, as is most GSXR line of bikes.
Without measuring, I believe the RC51 has one short and one long as well for that reason.
At one time, there was a place that made aluminum ones with slightly different intake bell curve. But I can't remember what the site was.
My buddy who has an Aprilia replaced his with aluminum ones, maybe it's the same place.

The Ape ones are made Evoluzion cycle sports. i have them on my Mille. well made. heres the site, although i dont see any Honda pieces. http://www.evoluzione.net/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts