RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've used one for years on a VTR1000. In my opinion, it is the best luggage system out there for sport bikes. It is stable and can be sed either solo or 2 up. It never inteferes with any body work either.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I had it on my VFR 15 years ago.
Worked well although with weight quite high up it does affect rideability if going fast.
I stored it away in my loft for about 10 years and all the zippers seized but that's to be expected I guess.
I still really like the Bagster tank bag system - but then with wife & kids I don't do any touring these days.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
My buddies I still do touring...but we like to call it "high speed touring".

Pack very light...sometimes I'll buy stuff like underwear and tee shirts on the road and just toss as we go along.

I know I know but I hate packing luggage on the bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I've done the backpack thing, and tank bags are great if they aren't a foot tall. We used to have a chaser truck to carry everyone's luggage, but I've moved away from all of my friends and the good roads.. Now I'm in the Midwest and it sucks! I've never been a huge fan of packing crap on the bike, but the Ventura sys just looks a lot better than tank bags or saddle bags etc... I'm not trying to pack a ton of stuff. I just want it to be secure without making the bike look like a pack mule. I'm just not sure if the system will work with the Sato bonsai set up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
you would be surprised as to how much you can carry in a single Venture bag. I toured with the wife for a week. For one up, you spin the bar over the rear seat to keep the weight forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts