RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got the bike it had a strange map in it that was supposedly done by a place near Atlanta but they will not claim it. I didn't trust the map so I installed one from rc51.info and its much smoother but the on/off throttle response is so finicky that when I go over railroad tracks or bad bumps any movement in my had causes lurching. Is there a tps on the bike and if so how do I tweak it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
You can't adjust the TPS on an RC51.
They're set at the factory, with no instructions on how to adjust it.

That's not to say it hasn't been tried. It's just you'll be flying blind if you attempt it.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The heavier the flywheel the more inertia it builds up. When you reverse the load inside the engine it is very noticeable. That is basically why there is no coasting in motorcycle racing. You should be either on the brakes or on the gas. When that is not possible you will get a lot of snatch to the driveline especially on a large displacement V-Twin.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
And that's why I use the clutch and Neutral a lot in the traffic.....less stress for me and the drive chain.
Sometimes I use it a bit (not pulled all the way) inside a slow taken corner while riding with a slower buddy.....just to let some energy spin just the engine and not the rear wheel.

Of course that wears out the clutch plates a bit earlier but not THAT much really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts