RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the VFR shifter mod for GP shift and used an aftermarket rearset? Is the distance noticeable? I thought I would be able to save some bucks, but I'm afraid by the time I figure out how to install a quick shifter and convert to GP shift I may be as well off just to buy the complete rearset with the accessories.

My intent is to use this bike as a track only bike now.

Look forward to your answers...

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I have done both conversions- Installing a VFR shifter works fine (If you have small feet) any size larger than 11 USA -You move your foot postion to shift./Or you attempt to rest your foot on the shifter -which can't be good for the shift dogs in the transmission. The shifting is extremely direct. Compared to having the linkage.. Yet the Sato rearset, I use (plus the GP shift adapter) is very direct too.
Your options- $50.00/Plus for the VFR shifter... $300-to-$500 for a aftermarket rearset. You can order ther GP adapter from D.Kyle Racing, and it should work with more than just Sato rearsets...

Two of the S-hawks have the VFR shifter, and it works wonderful, Yet both of my RC-51s have the Sato rear set(GP conversion)

·
Registered
91 Posts
vfr shifter

i used VFR shifter on my SP1.I love it, it shift smoother then the stock set up IMO. been to 1 track day so far, no problem. I don't think i would go back to stock set up.:)

·
Senior Member '09 Dec BOTM
190 Posts
Vfr rc24-36
1100xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts