RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When I brake hard with the front brake, I notice a vibration/stutter in the front end of my bike. I have a 00 RC51 with a scotts damper (if that matters). Any pointers as to what can be causing this? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Or, the rotors are warped....I had this happen years ago on a 600rr.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good suggestions so far.
LDH, I only got the bike a couple of weeks ago and I do not know the pad type. I would be surprised if they were a high quality pad as the person I bought the bike from had said that they just replaced the pads.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The only good thing to ever come out of England is my wife :D

Nice job Mike, very beautiful wife ya got there. i am going to have to disagree with you though. I rather like my Daytona 675R :D and i rather like their bike magazines and of course BSB.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
haha very true. Sounds like you are a very lucky man.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty fond of the 675R too, but I know which one I would rather ride and the 675R doesn't take me on trips all over the world with it either :)
lol very true. I wont ask if it also suffers from vibration when braking hard. :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting comment on the steering head bearings. Think I'll get mine checked as well. I have the same symptoms as you, especially after I have been riding for a while and need to apply my brakes aggressively going down hill. My shop said my pad and rotors are fine, soo...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may have found my problem. I took a good look at everything up front and I noticed this time that a group of wires were going up under my front fender. I pulled on it and out came a some wiring and plugs (still connected). Judging by the manual it is called the "right handlebar switch wire". I'm rather shocked and somewhat embarrassed I didnt notice it before. Some of the wires were rubbed down to the bare copper. I'm kinda lucky I caught it when I did before it rubbed all the way through the wiring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts