RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Surprised they held on this long, and I would imagine Indian becoming a more established bike has made the decision easy for Polaris. Victory were just too funky and quirky for the traditionalists

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Sign of the times. Few people have the money for sports bikes these days yet alone unexciting bikes that cost too much.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Surprised they held on this long, and I would imagine Indian becoming a more established bike has made the decision easy for Polaris. Victory were just too funky and quirky for the traditionalists
+1

Sums up my feelings exactly. I rode several times with a buddy who had a victory. Every ride it was something. Clutch handle linkage was one of the issues, don't remember the others, just that his bike was constantly in the shop under warranty.
I was vacationing this summer, and met a guy at the gas station who was on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster. I talked to him for for about 45 minutes, he did most of the talking, everything about the bike. He was quite familiar and had done a couple upgrades, suspension being one of them.
I fell in love with that bike. Overall it seems like a pretty worthy bike, along with a big price tag. This guy had his all equipped with luggage, and everything else, said he had about $36K in it.
That's not counting the beautiful blonde trophy wife he had riding with him. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That's not counting the beautiful blonde trophy wife he had riding with him. :wink2:
I wondered when you were going to get to the point of why you were talking to a guy on an Indian.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
There's only so many buyers for cruisers.
With Harley, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, Indian, etc., sounds like market saturation is occurring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts