RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
thanks for the share madbuyer, just ordered it online....huge TT fan and an even bigger joey dunlop fan YER MAUN!!!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sweet find, I've been looking for it for months.

But...Dose it come on BataMax?

I don't have blu-ray
Welcome to the 1980s James...:D

This has all three (Blue Ray 3D,Blue Ray DVD and just DVD) is there any other kind?? You may have to go to an Iranian Amazon site to get the Beta Max version....They also have the sound track on 8 track for you too:D

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome to the 1980s James...:D

This has all three (Blue Ray 3D,Blue Ray DVD and just DVD) is there any other kind?? You may have to go to an Iranian Amazon site to get the Beta Max version....They also have the sound track on 8 track for you too:D
80s:D Yes I still play my NES001 and being hooked up to a 46" kicks ass

An 8 trac...Bro, that would be rad :p

Im not the most up to date when it comes to technology. Why else would I have a 10 year old bike:rolleyes:

Thank for the clariffication on the blu-ray combo, I really wasnt sure.

James

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I pulled the trigger last night...:D

But:( this moring I found out about the blu-ray/dvd region codes. The UK is region 2 and the US is region 1. And most b-r/dvd playrs sold in the US will only play code 1 discs.

Ive looked into "region hacking" my dvd players but came up will videohelp. http://www.videohelp.com/ has a large list of hack codes but nothing for my players.

Anyone know if its a multi-region disc?
or
How are you getting aroung this problem?

James

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

But:( this moring I found out about the blu-ray/dvd region codes. The UK is region 2 and the US is region 1. And most b-r/dvd playrs sold in the US will only play code 1 discs.

Ive looked into "region hacking" my dvd players but came up will videohelp. http://www.videohelp.com/ has a large list of hack codes but nothing for my players.

or

James
I have a Samsung and have played these UK BR DVDs before....no issues:cool:

Or, if you need to buy a new player from the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-DVD-D530-XU-DVD-Player/dp/B004S5ZRH4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323922762&sr=1-6

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I have a Samsung and have played these UK BR DVDs before....no issues:cool:

Or, if you need to buy a new player from the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-DVD-D530-XU-DVD-Player/dp/B004S5ZRH4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323922762&sr=1-6
I havent been able to find any where that says if mine will or wont, so im really hoping my Sony will too.

Not really looking to get a new player for 1 BR/DVD, but thanks for the link and the idea.

Guess its time for me to get out of the 80's:p and pick up a multi region BR.

James

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Does that mean you watched it? Soooooo......
A Reveiw would be somewhat appropriate since you freakn started a thread about it!!

Edit" I don't have the 'special glasses'

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What the hell??...I just finished watching it.........I am very impressed!

This is a very thourough documentary that gives a decent recent history to get newbys up to speed on what the race is about.(And those who were lost) The director is straight forward about how dangerous this race is and the riders also restate this fact through out the movie. It covers some former riders and current engine builders etc... very interesting how tight knit the TT community is.

The 3D leaves something to be desired (which I am not a big fan anyways...:rolleyes:)

Guy Martin does an excellent job as he is a squirrely dude with the best teeth I have ever seen on a Brit! :D The camera follows him around a lot in this movie with good reason. He is the politically incorrect pilot that everybody loves.

Racing is somewhat limited but what is shown works in well with the documentary. The camera shots from the front of the bikes are beautiful. The shots of some of the accidents are amazing and have you saying to yourself..."Oh shit, thats gonna hurt!"

This one is a keeper for sure.;)

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For those of you Mucky Muks that don't have a Blue Ray that will play the Region 2 disc, your computers dvd player will play the second disc just fine. Change the country code of the computer to United Kingdom and there you go....:D

Those of you who don't have a DVD on your computer.....isn't it time for an upgrade???:rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts

or

James
Region codes are the media companies way to enforce different pricing levels for different regions.
For DVDs, there's software that allows one to rip the DVD to a PC and remove the region code, the burn back to a DVD.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
For those of you Mucky Muks that don't have a Blue Ray that will play the Region 2 disc, your computers dvd player will play the second disc just fine. Change the country code of the computer to United Kingdom and there you go....:D

Those of you who don't have a DVD on your computer.....isn't it time for an upgrade???:rolleyes::D
Be careful with that. Some DVD players only allow 5 region code changes, and then you're locked into the last region code permanently.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts