RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had read on some posts that there are some dealerships or individuals that still have brand new RC51's in the box somewhere.
It would really help if someone could please let me know what dealer has any left since im sure noone in Cali has any for sure.
Thanks in advance,

SD.

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Hey guys,

I had read on some posts that there are some dealerships or individuals that still have brand new RC51's in the box somewhere.
It would really help if someone could please let me know what dealer has any left since im sure noone in Cali has any for sure.
Thanks in advance,

SD.

Contact sp2racer since he claims there are 2 dealers near him with an 04 & 06 still in the box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot I already sent sp2racer a message yesterday. lets see when he replies back cause im really intreasted in getting the 06.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone interested I have a Brand New 2002 RC51 with only 1 Mile as from factory, never riden, or even sat on. I bought it in 2003 with good intensions, didn't work out. Bike has been properly stored and periodical run. Brand New battery, tool kit and one new oil filter. Bike is Red and silver. Cost is $8,900. USD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New 2001 RC51 in Moose Sask, Canada

There is a brand new 2001 on Ebay from a honda dealership in Canada
Action Cycles I believe is the name

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I find it funny that people still think the RC51 is a collectible motorcycle. If you have money to burn and like the RC51, then go for it. But an investment opportunity it is not. If you want to actually ride it, you gain nothing by purchasing a bike still in the crate. If you want to have it sit on display forever, it won't be worth much less in twenty years if it has a few thousand miles on it so just buy a nice used example.

I find it odd that there are recent requests for new ones still in the crate. Even just a few years ago you could find unsold RC51's in dealers all across the country for the same price as used ones. I don't think that has ever happened with a bike that will become collectible. (Think RC30, RC45, OW01, R7, ZX7R, etc.)

·
Banned
37 Posts
I find it funny that people still think the RC51 is a collectible motorcycle. If you have money to burn and like the RC51, then go for it. But an investment opportunity it is not. If you want to actually ride it, you gain nothing by purchasing a bike still in the crate. If you want to have it sit on display forever, it won't be worth much less in twenty years if it has a few thousand miles on it so just buy a nice used example.

I find it odd that there are recent requests for new ones still in the crate. Even just a few years ago you could find unsold RC51's in dealers all across the country for the same price as used ones. I don't think that has ever happened with a bike that will become collectible. (Think RC30, RC45, OW01, R7, ZX7R, etc.)
I agree, I wouldnt buy it to sell for a mark up in the future.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
As much as I love these bike's, and as dissapointing as it is to watch them continue to decrease in value, that's just what the market is. We are a smaller niche than I thought when I first got mine. Yea, everybody loves them, they have high recognizability, and the stories of them stealing the show anytime a Ducati is around are true. But they just aren't holding value. Why? Lots of reasons, imo. Availibilty, old technology, ownership has always been a tiny percentage of sportbikes. I'm guessing it's like buying a corvette. It's an intimadating machine to the less than brave.

Oh yeah, you suppose the worst economy of our lives, perhaps ever, might have anything to do with it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts