RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just acquired a Harris/Ohlins top mount steering damper kit less the damper. So like the title says I would like just the damper.

Side note if no one has a good used unit...does anyone know the model of Ohlins damper so I could purchase new? I searched but could not find the model.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dan...you know I have been on that site for days. I just order the screen brace and have been searching for the appropriate damper as per my post.

Well I'll be damned as I never noticed the stroke length of the Ohlins used. I see it now, lol so now I'm in the hunt for a 68mm stroke Ohlins damper.

Thank you sir...sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.:thumbup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I had narrowed it down to either a 63mm or 68mm damper that was used on the Ohlins Kit, but I think the actual Ohlins kit had a 63mm to keep the rod from just barely touching the fork leg at full lock. The Harris kit by their own admission obviously uses the 68mm unit.

Both 63mm & 68mm are readily available.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had narrowed it down to either a 63mm or 68mm damper that was used on the Ohlins Kit, but I think the actual Ohlins kit had a 63mm to keep the rod from just barely touching the fork leg at full lock. The Harris kit by their own admission obviously uses the 68mm unit.

Both 63mm & 68mm are readily available.
Please pm me best price to the postal code I sent earlier LDH

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts