RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new guy here. I came from an 04 600rr and now own an 06 rc, what a difference! She's 100% STOCK right now, but i figure this winter will yield some projects.

Premium Member
Welcome, get some pics up of the bad boy if you can!

Registered
Welcome! What mods are you looking at performing?

Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Well after only riding it for about 3 hours total so far, the first four things i will be getting immediately are:

1.)Stomp grip for the tank - slippery as all hell!

2.) Fender Eliminator - i don't know that i have ever seen a fender that large before unless it was on a Harley

3.) Frame and swing arm sliders - that body work is EXPENSIVE

4.) Up a tooth in the rear - i don't think i have even found 5th or 6th gear yet.

I have recently come to find out that the Sato pipes i have been dreaming about are no longer manufactured and are very hard to come by, but that bike NEEDS cans. When you mash the throttle it sounds beautiful, but being able to hear all the engine internals while riding at 2500 rpms gets old fast. I just need to get some research done on some good low and deep sounding pipes and save my pennies.

Registered
Well after only riding it for about 3 hours total so far, the first four things i will be getting immediately are:

1.)Stomp grip for the tank - slippery as all hell!

2.) Fender Eliminator - i don't know that i have ever seen a fender that large before unless it was on a Harley

3.) Frame and swing arm sliders - that body work is EXPENSIVE

4.) Up a tooth in the rear - i don't think i have even found 5th or 6th gear yet.

I have recently come to find out that the Sato pipes i have been dreaming about are no longer manufactured and are very hard to come by, but that bike NEEDS cans. When you mash the throttle it sounds beautiful, but being able to hear all the engine internals while riding at 2500 rpms gets old fast. I just need to get some research done on some good low and deep sounding pipes and save my pennies.
Are they the Sato highmounts? You are correct. This bike sounds unbelievable with a good set of pipes. That cam gear whine and the power pulses is a match made in heaven. Make sure you grab a speedo healer if you are going to be changing your gears.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts