RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved the auto email from the site, saying that they haven't heard from me for a while. I bought on 05 RC a few months ago, ordered all the safety gear and was getting pysched to do my first track day. Unfortunately, (here is the bummer part, sorry) a cager thought it would be fun to take a left hand turn about 10 ft in front of me, while I was cruising on my 2012 red Goldwing. I know they are hard to see- especially when the driver was busy talking on his cell phone. I cushioned the blow of his bumper with my leg to minimize damage to the bike. So I am recovering from a crushed foot, broken leg, arm, wrist, a few ribs and a tear in my aorta . Luckily no head, neck or back injuries. So my thoughts of cruising on the Wing with the wife have been changed (cool convertible?), but if not next year, then 2014, I am still planning to take the RC out for a track day or 2.

So, please boys, wear your helmets and get everyone you know to put down those cellphones when driving. Sorry for being a bummer.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Get well... Unfortunately, you story is all too common.

Take care.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Was your Wing an airbag model? It's unfortunate that our bodies are less structurally sound than our automobiles. Hope you heal well and quickly.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Good luck healing up. Very sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I'm wondering if stiffer penalties should be enforced for cell phone distracted accidents. Like a DUI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I was reading the MAIDS ( Motorcycle Accidents In Depth Study ) report recently and it was saying most accidents are the car drivers fault. Anyways yes, always wear your gear. I usually wear my suit!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Good luck healing up. Very sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I'm wondering if stiffer penalties should be enforced for cell phone distracted accidents. Like a DUI.
Yes they are and coming our way soon.... Otherwise know as distracted driving. It will be on the books soon enough.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts