RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up the most treacherous riding conditions you've ridden in, from extreme heat to frigid cold, to pouring rain, to blowing snow.

For me, the most extreme I've ridden in was 2 degrees. Yes, 2. And yes, Fahrenheit. My bike had about 1 bar of fuel in the tank and I needed to fill it up before it jellied so I put a couple of layers on, my gear and off I went. Bike started right up. She didn't sound too happy. So I went off to the gas station and filled her up then went on a 20 mile ride to get everything circulating. Let's just say I couldn't feel anything but my own beating heart it was so cold. I'd say wind chill was about -10 or so.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
1. Many years ago while riding my bike to high school in the rain, in the winter. The wind chill would freeze my soaked jeans, and ice would flake off when I stopped to park.

2. 2001. I got caught in a massive thunderstorm. I was barely in 1st gear traveling down the middle turn lane of the boulevard and the water was still 4-5 inches deep. I had a huge bow wave washing over the bars and into my lap. Cars were stalled with water up to their door handles on the outer lanes. I still have no idea why my bike didn't inhale a slug of water.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I've ridden in a couple of bad summer storms, large hail, wind gusts strong enough to push the bike into the next lane. Belows footage from a bad storm last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrnDGl1LxQ
Similar thing happened over my house a few years ago.
What that was, was a funnel cloud passing over or nearby.
I was lucky it didn't touch down or I wouldn't have a house.
It picked up everybody's garbage cans (90 gal.) and pitched them a block away.

·
Senior Member '09 Dec BOTM
190 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts