RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly hello all I've just joined ;-)

I have a 2005 SP2 that was purchased stock apart from LED indicators. I've taken these off replacing them with OEM std units. In doing this, I removed the LED ballast resistors that had been fitted to trick the relay into thinking that standard units were fitted. Problem I'm having is that despite using a standard indicator relay unit, along with standard 21W bulbs, my indicators are flashing too fast... It's a strange one... All the bulbs are OK and both left and right sides blink no problem but just too fast... Any ideas would be much appreciated! Many thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually purchased a new one, not OEM, from WEMOTO and it blows the circuit fuse. This even happens with all of the indicators un-plugged. Not sure if it's a problem with the relay or bike's wiring so I have ordered another one from elsewhere. Very odd... Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supplier has confirmed some of the relays in the last "batch" were dodgy... All I've done is remove the small LED indicators with their ballast resistors and plugged in the new OEM units to the original plugs. Going to try another relay to see what happens then. Thanks for your pointers ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts