RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All I got done tonight is spot cleaned out in shop, the seat, tail, left and right lower fairings off.
Tomorrow night tank and upper.
Will post pictures of her nude tomorrow. Still trying to figure out a color.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much going on other than waiting on parts due to having to work the weekend. Taking tank and all plastic to body shop tomorrow. Have some nude pics of it will try to upload later today. I know some of you guys don't approve but I think I am going with one color for the tank and plastic something like this picture or a orange chameleon of some sort.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Keep the original 03 paint job and decals, can't go wrong with that. Looks like you have a set of dan moto cans on there right now. You don't like them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The Dan Moto cans sound ok but didn't last a full year maybe 2500 or 3000 miles before they turned brown and started to burn trough. They are light, loud and cheap other than that don't have much good to say about them.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh, you don't say..:eek: I have them on my 03. It will take me a long long time to get to 3000 miles on them. For now they look and sound great.

Maybe I should have sprung and got the titanium versions....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about that but for 100 or so more I bought the Yoshimura Rs-3 from riders discount. Worth a look

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much to up date. Power commander came in :) body shop put me off till next week :mad:
So while I have it down any maintenance I should do or up grades. Have the fuel pump out and she is totally nude.
Thinking plugs, DENSO Iridium Spark Plugs IK27
Oh and is this worth doing?
http://www.store.scottsms.com/RC51-Coil-kit-RC51-Coil-kit.htm
Oil and filter change.
Just had plugs, oil filter, oil and air filter changed when I bought the bike last year but wont hurt to do it again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After doing some reading on here. It seems the NGK plugs are better then the Denso's and the coil stick conversion isn't much benefit. So i guess the only things I'm going to do is the flapper, pair mod and maybe the soft rev if i can figure it out. Did get the power commander installed and some cleaning done on her.
I have tons of pictures of it nude so any part you wanna see just let me know I'm sure I have a picture of it. I am still open to ideas of stuff I may do while she is down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Body shop is finally starting to work on my pieces. I did get some bad news yesterday. They had to order the paint and it wont be in till Thursday :mad: he says hopefully be done middle of next week. Took these with my cell at body shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I got both muffler bearings changed and the halogen fluid changed in the head lights will do blinker fluid tomorrow :cool:
On a serious note just got home from work hate second shift. Was told we are working another weekend. Hoping to have some time to spend on the bike here and there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reassembly has started :)
Woodcraft clipons, grips, clutch and break levers installed.
Oil change done with Royal Purple and Wix filter.
Headlights back in.
New plugs in.
Here is a sneak peek of the paint. Before you start going on about how I ruined my bike by not keeping it original, please remember if it wasn't for me ruining my bike yours wouldn't be so perfect and rare :) I believe in making stuff my own and perfect for me. Ride it, love it and make her yours.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts