RC51 Forums banner

West Australian SP1 rider

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  mizer 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am a west Australian (Perth) rider and have owned my SP1 (as its known here in Australia) for 8 years.

I absolutely love my ride and while she is starting to show some signs of wear and tear from way to many fast paced country rides, being some big stone chips, cracks to fairings and the appearance someone has taken top the front with a sand blaster she still looks great. Well they were ment to be riden and hard.

I am just in the process of giving her a well deserved birthday.

While not shown in the picture(s) below I have stared making some changes

SO FAR

Custom seat (black with red Honda wings on each side of the seat)
Modified Remus pipes (shortened by one third)
Mini rear indicators
Custom carbon tank pad (solid not one of the flexible stick on ones)

STILL TO COME

Braided front and rear lines
New hand grips
Flush mount front indicators
Colin Edwards castrol fairings
Fender eliminator
Wave discs
Rear sets
Shorty levers
Polished rims
Polished frame
Rim stripes

Great site will keeping an eye out for some great ideas and posting up my progress

The SP1 and SP2 were never hugely popular here in Australia and you don't see many on the road. I love owing such a unique bike and not just another R1, CBR, GIXER or whatever.

The first two pictures are from a track day organised by perthstreetbikes.com a local bike community forum

See less See more
#3 ·
Gd day mate,...so do they have any parts for SP1 in Australia?...Max from Singapore here..

#5 · (Edited)
parts

So dude... Merry Xmas ...just done track outing wz my fellow Rc51 members..u can checked it out Singaporebikes.forum..(under sportbikes colum)...mine wz endurance head light(Spain No1 DESIGN)....my next project is to fix after market clip on wz brembo clutch & brake pump..

#7 ·
Tks mate..why not u join in the forum...all the members are helpful, racial & friendly..we can change idea...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.