RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are SP1 slip ons. I think they are early Sato high mounts, but I want to confirm that. What do you guys say? I would like to keep the mid pipes and replace the canisters. I know Satos aren't available. Is there anything else that will work?

·
Registered
726 Posts
I didnt read your post at first but just looking at the pics id say old Sato's then I read your post and Ill agree older sato's. As far as replacements go wont the lady bird cans fit? Im sure the right person can chime in!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
yep, ladybirds will fit. Simon can have adapters made for any midpipe. The Ladybird cans are amazing, i had one on my S1000RR.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I will concur with cbrbear.. Those are old, or first generation Sato -JMO the cans look to have been shortened, has using the tail light as a reference to length..

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
They are for sure first gen Sato High Mounts.

If you decide to sell the Cans Send me a PM with a price I could use them for my RC.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to keep them. The right side is perfect, but the left has a dent and some rash on the end cap. I'd like to find the same canister minus the dent and rash. I'm sure that will be hard to find, so I was thinking of selling them if I could find a different brand at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just bought this RC. I test rode it to make sure it runs like it's supposed to. It has been torn apart in my garage since the day I bought it. I'm just going over the bike right now and showing it some love. The tires on it are pretty old and squared off. Don't worry vfrsam, there is a new set of pilot power ct2's sitting here waiting to be spooned on. However, I'm sure Casey Stoner has nothing on you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts