RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today on my ride out, i saw something i thought id never see, a Harley that id actually like to own.

It looks a lot like the xr1200

http://bikerholic.com/2008/10/13/harley-davidson-xr-1200/

but it had dual high rise side by side exhausts like the RC, red springs and better stance. it also had matt black paint.

was is just an xr1200 that some guy heavily modified, or is there another real nice harley like this that they made? an R version perhaps?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Maybe a V-Rod, although they don't look TOO similar to an XR1200, probably a custom build or a modified sportster of some type...

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
defo not a v-rod mate, this harley had a suzuki 650sv shape to it.

it looked like the xr1200 on steroids!

maybe some skillfull guy just got a hold of it and modded it up. looked bloody awesome

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Love the xr1200! Would really like to pick up a ex vance and hines series race bike... they have some tasty parts on em. As long as the motor was fresh of coarse

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
It's a Hardly Dangerous! :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
They race those after the MotoGP here in Indy. It's a race series that travels the country. (Vance and Hines race series).

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the standard form the 1200 engine only gives out 90bhp and 73ft lb of torque. would be hoping this one boasts more impressive figures

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Im sure it does. Im also sure it requires a tear down with every tank of gas ran through it

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
was hoping Harley would have got their act together these days with reliability

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Sure, you can hot rod the HD's and make them handle, as well as go quick. But they'll either two bit you to death or outright break you with stupid maintenance and annual rebuild costs. Hardly Ableson preys on the weak of mind (em, sheep) and the fat of wallet! Eric Buell had it going, but the Lakeshore peeps decided they didn't like what he created, a bike that you could actually ride!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
They race those after the MotoGP here in Indy. It's a race series that travels the country. (Vance and Hines race series).
What kind of time do they get compared to the GP bikes? or even the Moto 2 or Moto 3 bikes?

Sure, you can hot rod the HD's and make them handle, as well as go quick. But they'll either two bit you to death or outright break you with stupid maintenance and annual rebuild costs. Hardly Ableson preys on the weak of mind (em, sheep) and the fat of wallet! Eric Buell had it going, but the Lakeshore peeps decided they didn't like what he created, a bike that you could actually ride!
Coming from you Budoka, I believe it. :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Take a look-see:

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
At 4:40 they talk about how they're not designed for racing. tracking, wobbling, etc... I even heard the term tractor! Not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
When they first came, these were like bucking horses in the sweepers and even worse in the tight turns. Last time I looked, the top tier teams put the gold stuff on and the bucking horse symptoms went away, magic. Still slow but the Harley crowd gets their track time, you dig?!:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts