RC51 Forums banner

3861 - 3880 of 3891 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Out with the old/worn Rosso III's

In with the new; Angel GT2's this time round. The WSBK Assen trackday will not be until end August (if ever), so I decided to give these a try. I liked hem a lot on my VFR...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Dutchy. I have Angels on my RC-51, like them a lot. I don't have a spare set of tires (or wheels!) for track days, so they are a very good compromise IMHO. Not as sticky as a track tire, but a much wider temperature range for street use.

BTW, last night I watched race 1 of the opening round of the 2000 WSBK season, Kyalami. First RC-51 race, fantastic finish, Edwards vs. Haga. Fogerty, Chili, Corser, Crafar on the other RC, Bostrom, and even the GoShow (DNF). Thought of your bike in Castrol colors, fun stuff!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Pre Ordered the latest and greatest chain adjuster/Lift combo from RaceTorx. Not cheap mind you, but Quality made, and looking bit for sure!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Ordered a chain/Sprocket combo from Kyle Racing on Ebay. I was cleaning, lubing, and adjusting my chain for a ride recently, and realized the chain had a section of about 6 to 8 links that are much tighter than the remainder. I've put about 8000 miles on the bike since I purchased it. Previous Owner said he had just replaced chain and sprockets, which I believe to be true. Rear sprocket teeth look fine. I'm guessing chain is just stretched/worn. I'm going to make a point of doing chain maintenance on a much more frequent basis from now on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got the white beast fired up for a ride today. Paid the penalty of the Covid-19 surplus food consumption and lack of available gyms.

An extra 2 kilos on each butt cheek made me very uncomfortable. Will put it away for a while and keep to my 'old man' Firestorm/Hawk until I become a svelte, macho fashion icon once again.:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
The track days have finally resumed :)

Went to PIR last Friday and had a blast. I caught a glimpse of another RC while in the pits so of course I had to track it down. Chatted up the owner for a bit and ended up riding our sessions together for the rest of the day. It was pretty great. RC51forum, say hello to Tony.

·
Registered
2002 VTR1000SP2
27 Posts
I got it into my office to begin the process of getting it back into "road going" shape.

First order of business is to ditch those hideous mirrors and get some OEM ones, or at least OEM replica's, back on. As I am new to the RC51, I'm sure I will be asking all sorts of noob questions... but only when I've not been able to find an answer elsewhere, e.g., searching the forum.

So... first question. Are these a faithful replica of the OEM mirrors for an '02 VTR?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Checked the valves at 21,000 miles and they were dead nuts! Spark plugs look good too, and I swear I bought new ones, but could not find them. Side case cover was tarnished, so I hit it with some Extreem metal polish while I drank a beer... not bad for 15 minutes of elbow grease, even if it is a bit squid-ish.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Early Christmas Goodies, from Race Torx. Something else to add to the box of sexy bits I have yet to install on my RC!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks (y)
It was shipped in two days after receiving payment and arrived at my door in 4 days. Not bad at all, but that is within Canada. You might want to reach out to Matt if its international or US shipping.
Some more pics for your viewing pleasure ;)

3861 - 3880 of 3891 Posts