RC51 Forums banner

3861 - 3872 of 3872 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Out with the old/worn Rosso III's

In with the new; Angel GT2's this time round. The WSBK Assen trackday will not be until end August (if ever), so I decided to give these a try. I liked hem a lot on my VFR...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Dutchy. I have Angels on my RC-51, like them a lot. I don't have a spare set of tires (or wheels!) for track days, so they are a very good compromise IMHO. Not as sticky as a track tire, but a much wider temperature range for street use.

BTW, last night I watched race 1 of the opening round of the 2000 WSBK season, Kyalami. First RC-51 race, fantastic finish, Edwards vs. Haga. Fogerty, Chili, Corser, Crafar on the other RC, Bostrom, and even the GoShow (DNF). Thought of your bike in Castrol colors, fun stuff!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Pre Ordered the latest and greatest chain adjuster/Lift combo from RaceTorx. Not cheap mind you, but Quality made, and looking bit for sure!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Ordered a chain/Sprocket combo from Kyle Racing on Ebay. I was cleaning, lubing, and adjusting my chain for a ride recently, and realized the chain had a section of about 6 to 8 links that are much tighter than the remainder. I've put about 8000 miles on the bike since I purchased it. Previous Owner said he had just replaced chain and sprockets, which I believe to be true. Rear sprocket teeth look fine. I'm guessing chain is just stretched/worn. I'm going to make a point of doing chain maintenance on a much more frequent basis from now on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Got the white beast fired up for a ride today. Paid the penalty of the Covid-19 surplus food consumption and lack of available gyms.

An extra 2 kilos on each butt cheek made me very uncomfortable. Will put it away for a while and keep to my 'old man' Firestorm/Hawk until I become a svelte, macho fashion icon once again.:D

3861 - 3872 of 3872 Posts