RC51 Forums banner

3881 - 3900 of 3912 Posts

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Zombie user!!!!

hahaha, been quite some time since last here and quite some drama tooooo i see. Anyhow Still got my lil gordita. She is a garage queen now as I have a tendency to not ride bikes over 40k miles much. I have been more active on the facebook groups as theres a handful of those too. I am glad to see this site is still running. Currently I'm riding a thruxton 1200 r and it is like a hotrod. super torquey but no top end at all....ergos are a lot better though and speedy enough for the street and canyons...not quite as nice as my build but i do get to enjoy a different pace of life. Still though, I do need to get around to installing my moriwaki airbox (refurbished ty to DHC) and DHC snorkel.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
25 Posts
Installed the last Ladybird Banzai high mount offered in the U.S. Thank you, goes out to Simon, amazing customer service. Pics below.
Those look Soooo bad ass. Very nice Brother. I have a laundry list of upgrades and mods I have done to my girl Nicky. Just worked out getting some clipons up 1.625 over stock, nice having a best friend with a machine shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those look Soooo bad ass. Very nice Brother. I have a laundry list of upgrades and mods I have done to my girl Nicky. Just worked out getting some clipons up 1.625 over stock, nice having a best friend with a machine shop.
Thanks brother, the sound is retarded, it's the only good word for this...wished I had a choice on bike, wanted the Nicky but a buddy at work had this 05 for sale and I jumped on it instantly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh my, that exhaust is beautiful, nicely done and congrats man! :cool:

From one Jay to another, we seem to have a lot of Jay's on here eh.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh my, that exhaust is beautiful, nicely done and congrats man! :cool:

From one Jay to another, we seem to have a lot of Jay's on here eh.
Thank you sir! Yes It's a beautiful exhaust, the sound is absolutely ridiculous...Cagers should hear me now!

I will say it changed the bike, the way it feels, more flickable as I lost quite a bit of weight in the rear.(Had yosh cans on before). Better throttle response if that makes sense. All positive!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed the last Ladybird Banzai high mount offered in the U.S. Thank you goes out to Simon, amazing customer service. Pics below.

I'll give it to Simon. That guy ships QUICK. I got the Banzai mounts as well but in blued Ti. Took them 7 days to arrive from Kobe. I was impressed. Im still awaiting some other parts to arrive to put her all back together. DID Chain and 15/41 Sprox, new Kyle bars, Sato rear sets, CRG levers, Durbahn sliders(thanks to RC-Devil). My old man got a little over confident and wound up in the city commissioners front lawn. Gravel is a bitch. No serious damage though. The Erion cans surprisingly survived with a few little scuff marks. Should be done by this summer.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, the RP system looks great. How tight is the clearance for the pipe to cross underneath the sub frame and did you relocate the battery?

In case anyone else wants to see: Honda - VTR 1000 SP1/SP2 racing exhaust system SBK replica 2-2 x - RP Tuning - Motosport tuning Robert Pokorný
didn’t have to relocate battery but I did have to remove the bank angle sensor and the plastic flap it’s fitted too but not sure what has to be done to sp2 as my bike is sp1. I also had to use sp2 shock as it won’t route around sp1 shock .
The quality of the Rp exhaust is top class

·
Registered
50 Posts
I finally got my clutch rebuilt. New Barnett fibers and springs. Rebuilt master cylinder. Rebuilt slave. New braided clutch line. New gear on my aftermarket basket. It was a bitch to get bled, but it works!! Hopefully it will not cause me any grief while at the track this year.
128717DE-9EA1-4008-847D-0C3AADD83D60.jpeg

·
Registered
50 Posts
I measured valve clearances today. All in spec!! Then I put my valve covers, case cover, water pump, clutch cover, and oil pan back on. I finished setting up my clutch lever. Bled my front brakes. I removed the questionable battery relocation box. I also removed my exhaust system. Tomorrow I will sand blast a Jardine 2-1 and mock fit it. The plan is to redo the mid pipe with a larger diameter section of stainless steel that fits in the swing arm cut out for the existing custom under tail single muffler. It is definitely more crash proof this way. I recently bought a TIG welder to do this job and to make a custom aluminum battery relocation box. I got the aluminum TIG welding down from five hours of practice. Stainless is next.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
25 Posts
Took me 100s of hours on a TIG to lay out a row of aluminum nickles. Stainless is easy.

3881 - 3900 of 3912 Posts