RC51 Forums banner

3901 - 3920 of 3945 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
What is a good source for the stainless tubing? I was planning on finding another set of headers at the cycle junk yard that has the same size tubing.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Made sure the battery tender was still plugged in. :)

·
Registered
2003 RC51
8 Posts
This past weekend rear wheel bearings, clutch kit (OEM), new air filters, slave cylinder rebuild, chain and sprockets.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Had the forks serviced. New fluid, seals, bushings and every single O-ring. I figured 15 years was enough time, and the tiny droplets on the inside of my windscreen during my last track day, that they needed to go.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
erb you are likely to have clearance issues with that fan and the frame spar when you mount the radiators. just have a look and make sure the fan isn't fouling the frame.

·
Registered
2003 RC51
8 Posts
I was able to make good clearance on the left hand side but did have to make some new brackets for the right side bringing the fan in about 15mm closer to the radiator.

Reactions: Phatdad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking good! Love the Black and Silver color, can't wait to start the riding season! Unfortunately, still too cold in my area to take the girl out of her hibernation. :sleep:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is my winter project. Started with a consistent coolant leak last season...knew it was coming from the middle but didn't want to tear it down till the offseason. Found it coming from both sides on the inlet pipes, bad o-rings. While tore down did the pair and flapper mod, parts otw for both. Yesterday I ordered sato Silver rearsets, and the healtech gear indicator. Mounted some new Dunlops and installed the new undertail, the previous owner had the other one hacked. Think that's it for now. I'll add as things are finished...

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Few more pieces came in, Sato rearsets, healtech gear indicator, and block off plates. Also you'll see the old o-rings and the new, huge difference. Everything is installed but the Sato's. Wanted to get out today and get my first ride of the season in. I'll post up once the rearsets are on.
74DB7462-002D-4801-BDBF-23209CA9A9E1.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Latest updates: installed the K&N filters, CRG levers, gear indicator, carbon fiber mirrors and a full titanium exhaust system among other maintenance stuff which included brake & clutch fluid flushing, Motul 7100 synthetic oil with the K&N-204-1 filter, also flushed the cooling system and filled with Engine Ice juice.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Latest updates: installed the K&N filters, CRG levers, gear indicator, carbon fiber mirrors and a full titanium exhaust system among other maintenance stuff which included brake & clutch fluid flushing, Motul 7100 synthetic oil with the K&N-204-1 filter, also flushed the cooling system and filled with Engine Ice juice.

View attachment 135831 View attachment 135832 View attachment 135833 View attachment 135834 View attachment 135835
What mirrors are those ? Your right headlight bulb isn't in correctly , the plug isn't normally crooked.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
What mirrors are those ? Your right headlight bulb isn't in correctly , the plug isn't normally crooked.
They are the 'BikeMaster' carbon fiber look replacement mirrors and I got them at JPCycles. I was looking for a different than stock texture look but not way too far from the OEM look. If I can find any other true carbon fiber ones I would probably get them in a heartbeat, also looking for the gauges cluster carbon fiber cover or part but no luck so far. Thank you very much for the headlight bulb observation.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
63 Posts

View attachment 135831 View attachment 135832 View attachment 135833 View attachment 135834 View attachment 135835
They are the 'BikeMaster' carbon fiber look replacement mirrors and I got them at JPCycles. I was looking for a different than stock texture look but not way too far from the OEM look. If I can find any other true carbon fiber ones I would probably get them in a heartbeat, also looking for the gauges cluster carbon fiber cover or part but no luck so far. Thank you very much for the headlight bulb observation.
Magical racing has the best in carbon fiber, big bucks and many months of waiting for parts out of japan.

3901 - 3920 of 3945 Posts