RC51 Forums banner
3921 - 3940 of 3980 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
66 Posts
Magical racing has the best in carbon fiber, big bucks and many months of waiting for parts out of japan.
Mount your gear selector on your instrument cluster. The top right-hand corner is where I installed mine.
Love it. Looks badass.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I spy an Ohlins rear shock, can't find them anywhere, Kyle racing has had them back ordered for over 7 months.
Are the Swedes sleeping.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
45k miles tells me these motors if taken care of can and will go the distance. Mine has a little over 10k

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tonight I dropped my race bike off at the speed shop for a DynoTune some day this week.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
I cleaned up some fiberglass work to my race body and am preparing for re-drilling and more dzus fastners. I dont need any black flags or the expense of new bodywork.
Picture is the first time I got it off of the stand since October. Feels good to have progress that I can see. Season starts in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I remember in the earliest years of the RC51 that there was a guy who rode all the time and never washed his bike. He had huge miles on it in the first two years. It was a total rat machine very early in its life. But it went huge miles without an issue.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts

Upgraded stock fans with Spal pushers, put on a manual switch. Bought the Spal brackets off a forum member. Perfect fit. What a HUGE difference with moving air over the radiators.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts

Upgraded clutch and brake lines to CORE SS lines. I always use CORE products, great lines, and great customer service.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Tried out some bars for the streetfighter.

View attachment 136184
I will be 60 years old in a couple months, riding and racing motorcycles for almost 45 years, was laying down some lines all around Palomar yesterday and even with my foot pegs down 1.25 and back .75 , bars raised well over 1.25 over stock, I still got my my ass kicked when I got out of bed this morning, lol. So many older riders and younger ones as well riding street fighter type bikes. There is a kit I was looking at for my 02 Honda 954rr that works with the stock fairing. If you move forward with your project, please keep posting up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quick and dirty headlight mount and loud-ass horn. I thought these would look pretty cool if not that functional. Not quite sold on them yet.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
You need to make those bars work with the stock fairing, so let the head-scratching begin.

3921 - 3940 of 3980 Posts