RC51 Forums banner
3961 - 3980 of 3980 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Absolutely correct, but you want them removed or inop before dynamometer toasting. Anyway possibly too much being made of the k&n’s. If i remember the difference was like 1 to 2 hp at the top so most won’t even notice. I just feel the stock air filters give the best for a motor in that state of tune. I prefer certain items stock from Honda, fork seals, oil filters, stem bearings. First time I did fork seals for a guy with all balls seal kit you could see the difference in friction. With stock seals and polished fork tubes the tube would drop from full extension under its own weight. Not so with all balls, they can keep that junk. K&Ns may flow more air but there might be more than air in the mix.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just cleaned up my race bike. Checked my details. Packed my gear into the truck. Loaded up the SP2 and my scooter on the trailer. I have CCS full day of practice tomorrow at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in South Beloit Il. Races on Sat and Sun. It’s been 7 weeks since I last raced. I need to practice my body position and get used to my new Pirellis’. I am trying to drop my lap times by .5 seconds per lap as practice for next week’s AHRMA race. I will update when the weekend is over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my RC back. KR Ö kit installed and rear serviced (lowered 7mm front for now)

I am blind as far as suspension set up so my mech got me set up pretty well for now. He told me to still go get a set up to improve it more.

Injectors cleaned, fuel pump checked, K&N filters in, New plugs, oil n filter and a fuel press reg (which was the main prob).

Oh and a speedcell sbk battery from KR.

Bike ran great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Nice, looks good.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
66 Posts
The bike looks great. I can see a lot of pride of ownership in these threads.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Installed SPAL pushers fans with wibbly's mounting brackets and a manual bypass switch. Also swapped the spark plugs as I think I was overdue. Last track day of the season is OCT 10th 😢

·
Registered
2002 RC51
107 Posts
Installed SPAL pushers fans with wibbly's mounting brackets and a manual bypass switch. Also swapped the spark plugs as I think I was overdue. Last track day of the season is OCT 10th 😢

I was fortunate enough to have the fans/brackets on my bike when I purchased it.. the switch is such a nice feature..

We need some good track day photos from your event on the 10th!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
The triples are Attack and feature your choice of stem inserts to change trail up to 5mm. Very nicely made but there is no setup for the ignition switch unless you want to fabricate your own. There are two M6 threaded holes on either side of the center and I used those for the reservoir brackets. Those come from Superbike Unlimited at $29 each if I recall. Nice alloy with just about infinite positioning possible. Wibbly pointed me in the direction of the RFID ignition from moto-gadget. Swipe your fob across where ever you hid the receiver in your fairing and it turn on the power. Receiver is less than diameter of a quarter and about 12mm tall. Connects to a 30amp relay that you wire to the starter switch wires and ya got a very trick setup. Major mojo points to Will for inspiration!👍👍

3961 - 3980 of 3980 Posts