RC51 Forums banner
4021 - 4040 of 4060 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
How do you differentiate the new and old versions?

I have the Oberon Clutch Master, so I will need the 17mm clutch, but I don't see one listed, maybe I can call them.

Also, I have the Gixxer 1K Brembo's, so will have to research which brake mater I need.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
271 Posts
The new versions are called the 'Corsa Corta RCS' while the originals are called 'RCS'. There's also a GP and Radial model. I am using the stock slave and stock nissin pots so the 16 and 17 are best for my SP-2.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
yeah you'll love that setup man it's absolutely perfect.

@RC51V-2 you want a slave to master cross sectional area ratio of about 22-27:1

if the ratio is too small (the caliper pistons are smaller and the master is bigger) you get a very wooden lever that takes tons of pressure. if you go the other way you get a soft lever that will put you on your head.

it looks like those gixxer brembos are p4 32. so a 19 master gets you 22.69:1 and a 17 master gets you 28.35

basically you want an 18, but good luck finding one. if you like a firmer lever go 19, if you like lots of braking power on tap go 17

to give you an idea of the stock stuff.

sp1 calipers are 32x34 and have a 19 master = 24.16

sp2 calipers are 30x32 and have a 17 master = 26.63

so sp2 feels like it has stronger brakes, but it's just a softer pull due to hydraulic advantage.

likewise an sp2 master on sp1 calipers = 30.17 (insaneo)
or sp1 master on sp2 calipers = 21.32 (woody)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I think I will just keep the Nissan master at this point, as there is nothing wrong with it, and it feels great.

The only 18 I found is a bit ridiculous on the pricing...

• Brembo Part # XA7G750
  • Brembo Racing Master cylinder CNC 18 Piston Size and 18 Ratio for Lever Axis
$2179.00 (US)

Thanks for the info Will! Certainly not a fan of the wooden feeling, would much rather have the softer pull. There is also a ratio adjusment on these to fine tune it, right? So even if it is slightly mismatched you can get the "feel" that you like by adjusting the fulcrum point - am I correct or is there something I'm still missing?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
yes. the primary decider is the hydraulic ratio, but the lever ratio will make fine adjustments from there.

you could run a 17mm master and set the lever firmer if you felt it a bit over responsive. i would definitely err on the side of too small at the master though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome, thanks! Ordered a set for my project track bike.

I noticed Galespeed makes a 17.5mmm, , and Magura makes an 18 and they are not stupid money. I will wait and decide on the RC51 as it already works so well with what it has, it would only be to add some bling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I accumilated some more items. I said I was done but a friend of mine led me to a great deal on a yoyodyneti slipper that I could not pass on.

So then I jumped on some other items sold by members here and some ebay.

I fixed a small coolant leak and just decided to install what I had ready to go.

Stompgrips
Quick release pins
Intake stax
Oem rear cowel protection
Oem gas tank/frame grommets
Yoyo
Oberon clutch res cap
Zeta oil plug
ProTek brake res cap
BMC Race air filters
RobbiMoto quick throttle
Domino grips

Spal will go on with hoses later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I accumilated some more items. I said I was done but a friend of mine led me to a great deal on a yoyodyneti slipper that I could not pass on.

So then I jumped on some other items sold by members here and some ebay.

I fixed a small coolant leak and just decided to install what I had ready to go.

Stompgrips
Quick release pins
Intake stax
Oem rear cowel protection
Oem gas tank/frame grommets
Yoyo
Oberon clutch res cap
Zeta oil plug
ProTek brake res cap

Spal will go on with hoses later.

Very interested in your thoughts on the yoyodyne slipper I've been eying that since all my other bikes gave Slippers. Also curious about install and all that jazz.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very interested in your thoughts on the yoyodyne slipper I've been eying that since all my other bikes gave Slippers. Also curious about install and all that jazz.
The install is very easy. You need a 30mm drive socket and clutch basket tool to make life easier.

It is pre assembled with choice of spring seats. Red for a firmer pull/engagement and standard for an oem feel....you use the oem springs from stock clutch. Or you can go aftermarket....

The instructions are on the yoyodyne website with photos and some helpful threads on here too.

Why this slipper? I have one in my R1M and it performs very well for me. There is the TSS slipper also but I have no feedback sources on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Today I pulled my bodywork from my race bike. I noticed a little oil in the lowers. I quickly found that my case cover is leaking just below the sight window and so was my drain plug. So I pulled it off and cleaned the surfaces. Then I got called into work, so tomorrow I finish putting it back together. I plan on an oil fill, chain lube, charge the battery, fill my radiator with water wetter, pull my yellow number plates and add white number plates and numbers ( I got bumped up to expert for this season), charge my lap timer, and do a general cleaning so I am ready for next weekend races.

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Rode it to a buddy's place, then spent much of the evening talking about modifying bikes. :cool:

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

4021 - 4040 of 4060 Posts