RC51 Forums banner
4041 - 4060 of 4060 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
This week for my SP2 race bike:
I re-sealed my leaky right case cover, changed the oil, filled the radiators with water wetter, cleaned and adjusted the chain, swapped a set of crappy cracked headers for a nice set, charged the battery and got it started. I peeled my yellow number plates and left the Edwards replica number plates. I will add my numbers when I get to the track.
Tonight I got everything packed into the truck and the bike and pit bike loaded on the trailer. Tomorrow I head to Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit Il for practice, and race on Sat and Sun.
First race of the year. I’m gonna get killed in the expert class on my vintage bike and my first time racing at this level. I am using this weekend as practice since I wont be competitive for any podiums. I just hope another expert is slow enough that I can race someone. I need to get my speed up and my comfort at that speed up also.
I will be dedicating more of my attention to AHRMA racing this season. I have a race in Topeka Kansas on Memorial weekend. I am hoping to come into this race with some form, even though I will be learning a new track.
Lots to learn. Lots to perfect. One race at a time.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Started tearing into the 2000 rc I picked up some parts have arrived some aren't here yet and as I tear into it im seeing more stuff I need just the occasional bolt here nut there hose clamp not missing just old or worn the old girl has 80k on her so she needs some love and im very happy to give it to her

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
that's such a classic example of an almost nice bike. has all the stuff, but the owner didn't know how to maintain a motorcycle.

i'm sure you'll bring it to the condition it should be in, and have a great bike for the effort.

·
Registered
80 Posts
that's such a classic example of an almost nice bike. has all the stuff, but the owner didn't know how to maintain a motorcycle.

i'm sure you'll bring it to the condition it should be in, and have a great bike for the effort.
Yeah he was a really great guy though very genuine loaded me up with spare parts some stands manuals and just tons of stuff. But as my wife likes to say she has found her forever home now lol. Got a bit more done tonight tested both coils seem fine .8 and 18-19 (resistance) for each coil. Plugs look a bit fouled. Coolant was low and looked a bit dirty. So hoses and radiators and a spal fan. And all the gaskets and whatnot to do the valve inspection/adjust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Might as well I have an extra set of coil on plugs stuff I got when I bought my 03. Also noticed the exhaust is mixed and matched and the passenger pegs are ground to make the cans fit 🙄. So thats coming off don't really like my options out there though . Say wibbly where did you get the exhaust set up on your build? I'm assuming most of that was custom fab ?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i'm not telling ;)

i've already shared too much from my build and regret every single part i've told people about or sold to others. don't take it personally i just want to have a unique machine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'm not telling ;)

i've already shared too much from my build and regret every single part i've told people about or sold to others. don't take it personally i just want to have a unique machine.
Lol no I definitely get that. I'd venture out and say very few people are going to build something that detailed . I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust
After getting a break between jobs and kids, finally got the bike buttoned back together with the Samco hoses and DHC carbon air duct. Moving to the tail and always fun to see a previous owners “mods” to make stuff work. The female end is JB welded inside the undertail! Still sorting wiring after removing grip warmers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Took a break from the sp1 and did some work on the aprilia ... nothing like working on one of those to make you grateful you own Hondas lol. Did the fender removal and put in an eliminator and an integrated tail light threw on the stomp grips and adjusted the chain.... speaking of at less than 1k miles it was at 58mm???? Seems excessive or they set it loose ... range is 25 to 35 . I set it to 28.625 (just what it landed at ) then adjusted a nice little chain tool I ordered and I got to use my motion pro aligner. Man I hope my math was right haha 😄.
Automotive tire Tire Crankset Wheel Automotive design

Wheel Tire Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire

Land vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hand Finger Musical instrument accessory Thumb Font

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Motorcycle helmet

Automotive tire Hood Product Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Crankset Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just got a new pair of exhaust gaskets in for my sp2 race bike. Gonna get the exhaust back on and a few things re-wired tonight. Then get all my race gear ready to pack into the truck tomorrow night. We head out to Topeka for AHRMA racing on Thursday morning. I have never raced this track. I have low expectations. Just going to slowly work up to speed, hit my marks, and try to be consistent as I can. I am riding down with my buddy who will be racing his built KTM RC8, and meeting my lifelong friend who will race his FZ600s. Even if I dont do well, at least I will be having fun with my friends. Wish me luck.

4041 - 4060 of 4060 Posts