RC51 Forums banner
4061 - 4072 of 4072 Posts

·
Registered
2002 RC51
241 Posts
Thanks Gonzo!!

Tires seem great so far, but to be fair I haven't pushed them yet, will see what future track days bring...

If I had to complain about anything it would be the stock suspension and brake lines. Hope to upgrade both soon..!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried to go for a ride after work but the battery finally had enough. I knew it was getting weaker but i kept putting it off. So i went to a local shop and got a new battery and will throw it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Google ''Shorai battery fire''.
I have. Can you find anything newer than 2013? Can you identify if these instances involved lithium ion or lithium iron batteries? Did the users cause the issue themselves through improper use? It's a slippery slope argument but thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Had a Honda part number and logo because they are the original equipment battery. So Honda dealers can get them from Honda just as NGK spark plugs are listed under Honda parts numbers and come in a Honda branded package. As for Shorai batteries, I had one in my 07 CBR600 for 7 years with no issues at all. I do use an Optimate lithium charger for my lithium batteries. Have an Antigravity battery in my RC for 5 years. Been charged twice in that time. I think the major manufacturers of lithium batteries have worked out most of the issues. They are being supplied as standard in the upgrade models of the S1000R and also the top dog Panigale if I remember correctly. Shorai has a dedicated charger for its batteries also. If your bike sits for long periods of time check with volt meter periodically. Don’t let it get below 11 volts. If they discharge and remain discharged for long periods of time they may not come back. That being said mine will go 3 months and still be at 13.2 volts which is fully charged for a lithium. I’m sold on them.👍

4061 - 4072 of 4072 Posts