RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this for awhile now, I thought it would be cool to share pics of your workplace/what you do for a living.

I own a business with a partner doing tile and hardwood flooring. Been at it for around 3 and a half years now and loving every minute of it! We do everything from custom showers to kitchen backsplashes to floors. We recently did the tile in one of the extreme home makeover houses in joplin after the tornado, that was a blast.

This backsplash we just did today. The other is a shower we recently did, and a partially finished floor in a basement remodel.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Occasionally I get to blow things up. ImageUploadedByMO Free1391086930.194649.jpg

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
140 Posts
I own a small trucking co. specializing in flatbed and oversize loads.
We run the New England area.

DSC00288.jpg
83' 80,000lbs bridge beam delivered to Boston
IMG_0203.jpg
Marley my co-pilot
IMG_0916.jpg
RC being used as road service

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats awesome grape ape, great pics. That's so cool you've got your dog there hangin with you, im sure the road gets lonely after awhile. I used to drive all over missouri and arkansas just twice a week and I was lonely everytime! Thats a nice rig you got there.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I'm a flight test engineer at Boeing. We do testing on different systems on aircraft destined for customers. We have some that are full-on test planes with different/no interiors that are outfitted with a bunch of test equipment.

Mostly, I do stuff I'm not allowed to take pictures of, but here is an official picture of the new paint job on one of our test 747-8 freighters:

Here is what it looks like inside one of the 787-9 test planes I worked on. Not sure how they got the pictures, as we aren't allowed to take them:

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2014/01/photos-inside-boeings-787-9-dreamliner-test-aircraft/

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats super cool, bmiller, do you get to fly anything?

My dad has his pilots license, just flies a little piper cherokee, super fun!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Here you go....and this should qualify as a picture too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Thats super cool, bmiller, do you get to fly anything?

My dad has his pilots license, just flies a little piper cherokee, super fun!

No, I'm not a pilot, just an engineer. I do get to fly on the planes though. There are a handful of different groups within the flight test organization and mine is one of the ones that has to be on every flight. It sounds cooler than it really is, and there is more paperwork than actual flight time, but it is still nice to get paid to fly around. We also get to see them do stuff with passenger planes that your never see a commercial plane do in regular service, touch and goes, rejected take-offs and landings, emergency stops, high speed turns etc.

I was able to ride in the observer seat of a 747 for a landing a couple weeks ago and that was pretty cool. One of the groups has someone on each flight that sits up there. I hope to eventually move into that group. I'm still new, so I have to earn my stripes before getting to do the really fun stuff.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, I'm not a pilot, just an engineer. I do get to fly on the planes though. There are a handful of different groups within the flight test organization and mine is one of the ones that has to be on every flight. It sounds cooler than it really is, and there is more paperwork than actual flight time, but it is still nice to get paid to fly around. We also get to see them do stuff with passenger planes that your never see a commercial plane do in regular service, touch and goes, rejected take-offs and landings, emergency stops, high speed turns etc.

I was able to ride in the observer seat of a 747 for a landing a couple weeks ago and that was pretty cool. One of the groups has someone on each flight that sits up there. I hope to eventually move into that group. I'm still new, so I have to earn my stripes before getting to do the really fun stuff.
That's awesome, I've heard that those huge planes can actually do more maneuvers than you would think! Especially when they're empty.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Well, I'm still managing sales at the local dealership, but the last time didn't have pictures included so. Yeah, I know it's the wrong time of year for scoots so forgive the hardware on the floor!:eek:
Hey b.miller, (I'm no John Travolta but I do know my way around the sky) if Boeing ever needs someone to assist in shaking down a new airliner, I'm always game!:eek::D

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts

Greatest job in the world. I'm in a distressed New England city with Rt 95 running through it, a very high traffic section of commuter and cargo rail, a small local power plant and dozens of deteriorating mills, not to mention triple deckers stacked next to each other like sardines and a river... We're extremely busy and I'm challenged mentally and physically almost every day.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 61 Posts