RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if some of the experienced jockeys wish the RC51 had come with a certain something as stock.

For me, why the hell did they not put a clock in the display!? Yeah shift light would be nice. Gear indicator great, but really? Couldn't put one more toggle with the temp/trip/odometer?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just wondering if some of the experienced jockeys wish the RC51 had come with a certain something as stock.

For me, why the hell did they not put a clock in the display!? Yeah shift light would be nice. Gear indicator great, but really? Couldn't put one more toggle with the temp/trip/odometer?

I completely agree with you about the clock! My F4i had a clock, and a gas gauge, very nice to have.

Is it ghetto to just put a cheap sports watch on the handle bars? I've thought about doing that just so I have some time reference.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
All the features I recently paid for :(

Actually, I enjoy the RC and wish it just had a bit more power.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
a little bit carbon airbox/snorkel and perhaps a very mild port and polish may help pick up a few ponies for the old fat girl?

aftermarket wheels sure do make it seem like you gained a few ponies haha

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Gas gauge, clock. Iactually bought a cheap clock I mounted on the triple.
I'd say more aggressive looking headlights...
But mine are one off, and I don't like being the same as everyone else.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Gas gauge, clock. Iactually bought a cheap clock I mounted on the triple.
I'd say more aggressive looking headlights...
But mine are one off, and I don't like being the same as everyone else.
More aggressive headlights!? The rc's headlights are what sets it apart from every other crotch rocket on the planet!

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
A front mount radiator. I really don't like the side mounts.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Realistically, Honda could have fitted a tail light more like a CBR1000R's and made a tidier job than the square rectangle these bikes came with. It would have saved an awful lot of people the hassle of fitting replacement undertail kits and in some cases having to deal with wiring issues caused as a result - further down the road.

The rest of the deficiencies are entirely understandable (suspension, lighter wheels, etc. all cost more money to manufacture).

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The RC51 was a HRC designed purpose built race bike platform to win WSB (and AMA). No need for a clock, or a gas gauge, or a gear indicator, etc. thankfully. ;)

Also the rear square brake lights were used as continued homage to the RC series bikes. Both the RC30 and the RC45 had similar square brake lights.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Nah - RC30 & 45's had two small rectangular tail lights integrated into the tail cowl. The RC51 had a one piece and it's not really similar at all in design. :p

·
Registered
609 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts