RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I think I've found the right product for my SP-1, I learn it is only available for '02 and newer SP-2 models. This has been the case for me when shopping online for quality frame sliders. What product(s) do you guys recommend? Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Just when I think I've found the right product for my SP-1, I learn it is only available for '02 and newer SP-2 models. This has been the case for me when shopping online for quality frame sliders. What product(s) do you guys recommend? Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
I would call up Dan Kyle and order some from him or call up Fred at Yoyodyne and order his.

The yoyo sliders: http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=E80065

The good thing about the Yoyo sliders is the removable puck/mushroom which then can be made into a tie-down point.

Here is a pic of the Yoyo's on my GSXR.

Tie-down attachment:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks njracer! Sorry it's taken me a bit to write a thank you response - I'm on business in Australia (crazy week!) and I'm just getting back to my online stuff. I've seen the Yoyodyn sliders before, and they look great. Your endorsement of them puts them high on the short list. I've read a lot about Dan Kyle racing too... from the first day I've owned my RC51. Does he have his own slider design? I appreciate your input.

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Thanks njracer! Sorry it's taken me a bit to write a thank you response - I'm on business in Australia (crazy week!) and I'm just getting back to my online stuff. I've seen the Yoyodyn sliders before, and they look great. Your endorsement of them puts them high on the short list. I've read a lot about Dan Kyle racing too... from the first day I've owned my RC51. Does he have his own slider design? I appreciate your input.
I have "whatever" Dan was selling at the time I bought my bike in 2001 but when it comes to RC51 stuff, Dan is the man.

Hard to see here but these are the sliders from Dan:

Just bite the bullet and get sliders ASAP before something stupid happens. In addition, read the "how to cut you fairings for sliders" on the mod page of RC51.org.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts