RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the bike tore down trying to find out why she started to idle rough. I already changed the egr out and i am hoping that fixes the issue. But i was trying to see if a semi pair delete was done so i can finish it and i find this little guy. Can anyone tell me what ot is and what it does?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, so im guessing since my evap canister is missing i should finish the delete.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yeah just delete the pair by removing the pair valve, the hoses, install block off plates and plug the hole in the airbox.

to remove the flapper take the valve out of the intake and block the hole left over. remove the solenonid and all the vacuum hoses. then remove the vacuum canister and install a vacuum cap at the vacuum port on the front throttle body.

simple enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, i thinj i have the california model due to the throttle body, dont mind the dust, i do wood working and the wind took my cover.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
what about the throttle body makes you think it's a california model.

the only difference between the A model and the AC is the evap canister.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the vacum lime on the throttle body and a mounting bracket missing an evap canister. i can be wromg about the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
well if it's already gone it doesnt matter.

you can remove the rest of the flapper assembly, just make sure you cap all unused vacuum connections.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what i did today, any recommendatioms for capping the throttle body besides capping the hose? And this bike is been a fun fun process, see exibit a

1 - 12 of 12 Posts