RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on an Ohlins steering damper for an SP1...I know that the stem is smaller, should I machine the mount to fit the SP2 stem? Or pick it up and flip it? Anybody interested?

What would you ask if you were selling? Please be reasonable as I know these are unobtanium.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested !!!
Why did I have a feeling? Honestly Duck the guy is humming and hawing about letting it go now. But I have a bunch of stuff he wants. I can wait him out.
I still don't know what to do? I have a really good machinist that could copy the mounting bracket and make one to fit SP2, sell it or keep it just in case.

I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Why did I have a feeling? Honestly Duck the guy is humming and hawing about letting it go now. But I have a bunch of stuff he wants. I can wait him out.
I still don't know what to do? I have a really good machinist that could copy the mounting bracket and make one to fit SP2, sell it or keep it just in case.

I'll let you know.
Yeah, lemme know cause I want it if you don't..... Pick it up and we shall work it out if your not gonna keep it.
The Accossato/Pipe Job Worked nice for me......;):D

Keep me posted bud......

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a line on an Ohlins steering damper for an SP1...I know that the stem is smaller, should I machine the mount to fit the SP2 stem? Or pick it up and flip it? Anybody interested?

What would you ask if you were selling? Please be reasonable as I know these are unobtanium.
Is it this one ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Ya that's it.
This is the best it gets so buy it and have D/K service the ram.
Then re-make the fairing stay out of carbon fiber and then send it to me for testing :D
If you do-not want it I am all over that item. lemmie know because I need two of them because I am a compulsive fool.:D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yeah, lemme know cause I want it if you don't..... Pick it up and we shall work it out if your not gonna keep it.
The Accossato/Pipe Job Worked nice for me......;):D

Keep me posted bud......
Duck has dibs and yes mine is mounted properly the only downside is the tank on/off takes longer and the stay is steel ;)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Duck has dibs and yes mine is mounted properly the only downside is the tank on/off takes longer and the stay is steel ;)
If it comes my way and I pass your up nutt.....

I almost bought a side mount one yesterday, but forwarded it to my friend in Arabia. He now owns it.
This a nice style too, but I prefer the side mount ones.;)

Still, keep me posted nobody.:D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Is / was his screen name OGRI ? I haggled with this Canadian guy forever then he fell off the planet :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts